Promotion suggestion...

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
I saw a commercial for SOB of battery powered OPE and they were offering buy a tool with battery and charger kit and get a second battery at half price. Seems like a pretty fair promotion.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 72,564 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
  • Hopeful

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 8,810 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
What is "SOB of battery powered OPE?"

Thanks
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 72,352 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Michael, SOB = some other brand. OPE = outdoor power equipment.
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 8,810 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for clearing that up, was thinking something different than "some other brand."
Photo of Alan Moore

Alan Moore

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I was thinking that SOB was the brand name.
Photo of Steve Groesz

Steve Groesz

• 366 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Ego already gives you a free power tool when you buy a battery...
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,500 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
FACT
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Steve, I suggest going back and reading what I wrote. In addition to purchasing a tool, battery and charger kit, the other brand offers another battery that can be purchased at half price when the kit is bought.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,500 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Mike
a) does the other brand give as large a discount on the kit as Ego does
b) I took Steve's comment as a bit tongue in cheek as we have all commented on the crazy pricing discounts with Ego kits
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Szwoopp, 
a) don't know, don't care. A half priced battery with kit purchase would sell more EGO products IMO.
b) agreed about pricing. 
Edited to add: But, individual battery pricing is a bit of a problem for many so if they can get a second battery at half price I think it might encourage more folks to buy EGO.
(Edited)
Photo of Steve Groesz

Steve Groesz

• 366 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yes my comment was tongue in cheek.  

I haven't ever seen any EGO sales. I'm sure they happen, but I have yet to see even a $50 off promotion myself. That said, if a sale like this ever were to occur, there are still a few tools I need to complete my collection...
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Steve, you really have to keep an eye out on the Home Depot ads, Ace ads, things like that. EGO does have sales but you really have to watch for them. We try to mention them here on the forum when we see them, but since we aren't EGO employees we aren't privvy to all of the sales so we can surely miss some.