Product Development

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

It certainly appears that the two products that people would like to see Ego produce are a bladed edger and a snowblower. While living in the Houston area I wouldn't have any use for a snowblower, I would certainly purchase a bladed edger. Perhaps Jennifer could give us a glimpse into any products that are in development so we may have an idea of what the future may hold regarding new products.
Photo of Tim1951

Tim1951

• 3,364 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Rob

Rob

• 9,072 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Giving us a hint on new products would be nice but I don't think that's really going to happen. I'm in NC so I wouldn't get much use of a snow blower either. If Ego were to be able to produce an add on for their string trimmer to make it a viable edger, it might work.

The problem with bladed edgers is that the blades are usually very expensive vs how long they last.

What Ego could do is make a power head that can accept attachments such a powered snow shovel, small cultivator, bladed/string trimmer, pole saw, etc.

I hope you didn't get hit by all that flooding you guys had down there.
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

• 3,612 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Like my previous Echo gas edger, I use my String Trimmer (Ego 15") for edging exclusively. I have 3 lawns I take care of. Professional lawn maintenance people use String Trimmers all the time for this. If you haven't used it this way, it does take practice with either gas or electric.

And previously, I have worked for a lawn maintenance company and string trimmers are all we used for edging.

Ask around and you'll find it's a main use for them. The two Home Depot stores I shop at don't even carry gas metal bladed edgers!
Photo of Glen

Glen

• 2,136 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I agree, I use my string trimmer (currently a competitor's 40V model) for edging. Been doing it that way for years. For new products, what I want is a cordless shop vacuum that really sucks.
Photo of Tim1951

Tim1951

• 3,364 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Rob. Parts of the Houston area really got hit hard. We were fortunate in that we are in the Northwest and no real flooding issues in this part of town.
Photo of Rob

Rob

• 9,072 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Good deal.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Tim, we really wish we could give you hints.  Trust us!  Please know that we are working on more tools and we will update you and everyone here once we have more confirmed data.  We would hate to announce something too early and get your hopes up for nothing.  We know everyone is incredibly anxious for what's next from EGO.  We love your enthusiasm and interest.  Stay tuned!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.