Price drop on the 7.5AH mower? $499 now.

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress
I wonder why the price drop? Coming out with a newer model? I was thinking about getting the 2 5AH brushless mower but the price difference is tempting.. Thoughts on which is better buy?
Photo of Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

• 464 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,254 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
At $499 that’s tough to beat! You could buy that mower kit and a spare 5Ah battery for the same price as the 2x5Ah mower.
Photo of Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Yeah $250 cheaper goes a ways.. Im just wondering if I will kick myself for not getting the newer tech plus with the two 5ah batteries I could use in the Multi tool system I want to get.. Which I would not need to buy extra batteries with it.. However I am not fully committed to getting the lawnmower since I have no experience with the EGO tools yet and my Honda mower is still working well. 

It takes no more than 45 minutes to do our lawn so the 7.5ah battery should do that no problem?
(Edited)
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 10,374 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Using a 5.0 battery on the power head is heavy on big jobs unless you use the backpack multilink to carry the battery. I use the 2.5 on my power head using pole saw or string trimmer attachment.
Photo of Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

The other thing is that I might buy the snowblower for next year if I really go for it. I could get the blower without the 2 batteries so the 5AHs would cover it too.