Price drop on the 7.5AH mower? $499 now.

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I wonder why the price drop? Coming out with a newer model? I was thinking about getting the 2 5AH brushless mower but the price difference is tempting.. Thoughts on which is better buy?
Photo of Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

• 464 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
At $499 that’s tough to beat! You could buy that mower kit and a spare 5Ah battery for the same price as the 2x5Ah mower.
Photo of Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Yeah $250 cheaper goes a ways.. Im just wondering if I will kick myself for not getting the newer tech plus with the two 5ah batteries I could use in the Multi tool system I want to get.. Which I would not need to buy extra batteries with it.. However I am not fully committed to getting the lawnmower since I have no experience with the EGO tools yet and my Honda mower is still working well. 

It takes no more than 45 minutes to do our lawn so the 7.5ah battery should do that no problem?
(Edited)
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 18,478 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Using a 5.0 battery on the power head is heavy on big jobs unless you use the backpack multilink to carry the battery. I use the 2.5 on my power head using pole saw or string trimmer attachment.
Photo of Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

The other thing is that I might buy the snowblower for next year if I really go for it. I could get the blower without the 2 batteries so the 5AHs would cover it too.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 62,254 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The dual battery mower will give you 2 batteries which can be nice to have a couple of batteries available for whatever use you need. The single battery model might be all you need depending on how large of a yard you have to mow. The savings could go toward another tool.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 62,254 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I should say that the 21" push mower was $499 when I bought mine new, but at some point the price dropped to $399 and has stayed there so maybe that's all that's going on with this sp mower. Just a new lower price.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 18,512 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Bought mine spur of the moment when I saw the sign at HD with that price fir the 7.5.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 94,390 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The 2142 has a brushless and more powerful motor than the 2100.
1200W brushless  v 1000W brushed
Also the 2142 uses the same peak power technology as the snow blower to maximize the power
and create more torque.

Personally I would go with the 2142 and recommend if the $250 was not an issue.
Especially if you had a large or thick/healthy lawn.
Photo of Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Thanks for the power info. I didnt know that.  I kind of have the Tim the Tool man syndrome!
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

I guess I have the same issue because I have the 2102SP w the 7.5 and it has done a great job for me for 2.5 years.  But while I mow with it -  I dream of More Power  R R R
(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Image result for more power tim
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

• 5,222 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Is this the new pregular price of this mower and will they drop the price of the regular 5 Ah push model as well or is this only a temporary sell?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 94,138 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Good question.  Unfortunately we will not know the answer until it happens.
Ego does not announce their pricing plans here.
HD website says save $50 not new lower price.  Which would suggest a sale, but one never knows.
(Edited)
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

• 5,222 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I was lucky to snag a LM2102SP new at Homedepot in December last year at a liquidation price of $279 USD!!.

Seems I will try to sell my 3 year old LM2101 early in case of a definite price drop...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.