Praise for snowblower from Minnesnow-ta!

• Praise
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
Just keeps throwing! This is our 3rd? winter with our blower and it still rocks! We have had back to back storms for the past week, each one dumping 4-8 inches.

We finally measured for accuracy and I have been mis-stating in my posts how much we do. Between the loop and the drive to the barn, it's not 400 ft after all, but 535 ft, with a 35 by 60 parking pad.

All gravel. (Careful! All non-opeating humans and pets inside or on the other side of the structures!)

We do about 2/3 on one set of 7.5s from our mowers, and then swap in the set of 5s it came with to finish up. With the near 8 inches we got today, we had to finish up with a bit of the recharged 7s.

Here is a glamour shot of our trooper pausing midway.

One gripe, though. That hill is the reason Ego needs to break down and produce a self-propelled model. There is a slope at each of our entrances. At nearly 60, and only 130 pounds, I can do the flat areas fine but I just don't have enough "oomph" to push/haul it up to the street. I don't care about 2 stage, we clearly don't need it. I just want wheels that turn themselves!

Photo of Prairiedog

Prairiedog

• 5,438 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
  • Satisfied.

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 177,608 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
That's an awesome picture!  Really hits home the scale of your clearing efforts!!!

Great job, and yes, hopefully a SP snowblower is in the works!
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 47,768 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hopefully with a pair of 10 ah batteries. GRIN
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 7,380 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
After reading the measurements, I'm even more appreciative of our dinky driveway of about 1 car length and 2.5 car width. I was so impressed how it handled 10-15" easily that I went ahead and blew the street in front of our house. Also appreciative we downsized from our previous home with a 300' driveway that was walled in on 3 sides. The only decent solution was shoveling into wheelbarrow to haul out to the street. A snowblower would throw onto adjacent properties.
Photo of Prairiedog

Prairiedog

Who were your neighbors that made you do that!? I have never heard of such a thing? When we had closer neighbors, everyone just understood the snow has to go somewhere, it all evened out, as everyone had to throw it at some point on somebody else's lot. It is illegal to push it into the street in most places up here, for the obvious safety reasons. And that much! Wow! must have taken you forever! Out here, when our neighbor used to plow us out, he would take our snow and purposely push it into his field. The first time I said he didn't have to do that, we didn't mind it piled up on our side, but he grinned and said, "more water !"

William E Hanson

Exclusive development with HOA; good and bad benefits, but generally protective of each property. Good thing I was young then with lots of energy; it was about an 8 hour job.
Photo of Prairiedog

Prairiedog

oh! That is why I will never live in one of those. With all the restrictions and I bet some hefty association fees on a place like that, they should have been clearing for you! Ahh, the things we would do when we were younger versions of us.

William E Hanson

Prairedog, definitely a pain lots of times, but it also prevents a slob from trashing the neighborhood too. Yes, those HOA dues are outrageous, but property values hold up better. Living on huge acreage has its benefits, but that involves lots of work and I'm too old for that.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 82,568 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Great report - thanks for sharing.  That is a lot of driveway !  How long does it take you to tackle that job ?
Photo of Prairiedog

Prairiedog

About 2 hours for one person. We want to buy a second, but keep holding out each year hoping for the SP. Since it has been "under consideration" from the start, we may have to just to give up, with the next report being a head to head comparison. So frustrating.
(Edited)