Buy an EGO kit, get a Free Battery!

• Announcement
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Expired promotion

As loyal community members, we want you to be the first to know.

Starting today in Canada and on May 19th in the US, you can get a free 2.0Ah battery with the purchase of any kit!  This is valid in stores and online.

Here's the link for Home Depot Canada:

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/categories/all/events/free-battery-with-ego-products.html?intid=HP_...

The link for the US landing page is: www.homedepot.com/powerupsummer

The dates for the sale are below.

CANADA: May 12th - 22nd.
US: May 19th - June 1st.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,068 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of ClarkM

ClarkM

• 1,544 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Well this promotion pushed me over the edge. I first ordered a greenworks 80v mower, admittedly only because Costco sold it and they have the worlds most amazing return policy. There truly is not a lot of comparisons out there between the EGO line and the greenworks 80v line, and I thought - what the heck - it's costco. Nevertheless, I ordered it and just received it this week and they sent me the wrong item! They sent me the mower only, while I ordered the kit including the battery. Easy to take this back to Costco and join the EGO family. I would have bought MORE of the line - but I have 4 attachments to my string trimmer powerhead that I use on a regular basis - Hedge and string trimmer I can get away with using dedicated EGO tools - that's fine - but the tiller and edger I can't get away from my gas tool just yet. I will gladly fully buy into (including the snow blower that looks AMAZING) the EGO line when these are available. I'm hoping next year (hint hint...)? 

edit: I ordered the 21" SP w/ free battery
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,038 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Clark, I have a good feeling that with Ego good things come to those who join the family! :-)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
The snow blower they said would be out later this year, and the same goes for their backpack blower.
Photo of Frank C

Frank C

• 988 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Here's how to calculate the battery return value: add the cost of both items.
199+129=328
Divide tool cost by total:
199 divided by 328=0.6067
Multiply that number by battery price:
128 x 0.6067= $78.26
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

• 654 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Very good and close enough! The actual amount is $78.27 on my receipt.
Photo of @bobbleheadguru

@bobbleheadguru

• 362 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I bought a 21SP mower with battery about a month ago. I have no regrets at all.

I figured out my strategy to get the best value on a Trimmer and a Blower.

1. I am getting the Trimmer with the 2.0 Battery. $179.
2. I will also get the lower level blower, no battery at $99.
Total cost: $278 for both tools. I will then have a battery for each tool and a little extra time for my mower if I need it (I have a little over a 1/2 acre, about 1 hour 10 minutes to mow it).
Photo of @bobbleheadguru

@bobbleheadguru

^^ Screenshot of my shopping cart ^^
(Edited)
Photo of Frank C

Frank C

Not to burst your bubble, but I found a better idea. I went to Home Depot and they are offering the free battery with each purchase. So I bough the blower for $199 with the free battery and instantly returned the battery for $78. I then did the same with the string trimmer. So I now have both tools for $242, with 2 2.5aH batteries, and 2 chargers.

Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Wow, Home Depot was willing to refund you $78 for returning a promotional product that you got for free?

I have to think this wasn't supposed to be permitted, so it may be hit or miss for anyone else who tries it.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

If it turns out this is repeatable and returning the free battery for a refund really isn't prohibited, $120 for just a 2.5Ah battery alone is a good deal—also getting a tool and charger is absolutely incredible.
Photo of @bobbleheadguru

@bobbleheadguru

So Frank got 4 batteries (2 for free), then returned 2 of them for cash? 

Seems not too far removed from guy in front of me on Black Friday (day after thanksgiving) that returned his Turkey Fryer after "one use". Seems like something he did every year as a "tradition".

I give Home Depot and Ego the benefit of the doubt that they are trying to make money honestly. Returning a turkey fryer and returning batteries for cash are just not ethical in my mind, even if Home Depot's systems are messed up.
(Edited)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,774 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
There will always be opportunists.
Photo of Frank C

Frank C

The free battery is like a 40% discount coupon. If I try to return the trimmer or blower I will only get back $121 for each. So there's no scam here. I simply returned the half of the deal I didn't need.

Photo of Frank C

Frank C

You're welcome.

Photo of David Cline

David Cline

It looks like Home Depot has clearly decided to apply the savings this way intentionally, fully aware that the free battery can be returned.

Stores have buy one get one free sales all the time where either you can buy one at half price or buy two and return one for a refund of half of the full price.
Photo of Frank C

Frank C

When you buy the $599 mower you get $105 for the battery.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Looks like it, David.
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

• 3,612 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Thank you, @bobbleheadguru...

Glad someone said it. It actually screws HD and Ego and all the honest shoppers. I'm sure it filters back up.

Home Depot has more trouble making profit on Ego products. Statistics will show dissatisfaction with Ego products. No company wants a higher return rate for their products. Loss of sales volume for both Home Depot and Ego. Other Shoppers will have to pay the difference. Money isn't free.

So who pays for it? Not just the companies but it gets filtered back to the customers... You and me.
(Edited)
Photo of Frank C

Frank C

With all due respect, I'm no more guilty than the guy who keeps the free battery. Opportunist? Of course. Unethical? Um, no.
(Edited)
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

There is a difference with getting a free battery and returning it for money.

Let's see. You have extra stuff so you give it to your neighbor. No wait, you give money to your neighbor and keep your extra stuff. How does that affect your financial situation?

The Home Depot runs a business today, sells a bunch of stuff, then all of it is returned... Are you saying that doesn't matter?

The problem is they're still left with the same problem, they have all these batteries that are extra... But have lost a lot of money.

Technically I'm sure nobody's breaking any written rules. But I'm just saying myself and at least that other person sees a problem with it. I do appreciate everybody sharing things that they discover, so I still appreciate your comments.
Photo of Frank C

Frank C

My original plan was to buy the blower and trimmer, then sell the extra batteries on EBay. I figured I could get about $99 each with free shipping, which would net about $75 each. But Home Depot offered to buy them back for more than I could net on eBay. I took them up on their offer.

I could have bought up all of the items in the store and made more money on eBay. But I only bought enough for my own use, at the best price I could find. And since I received a good amount of info from this site I decided to share what I found. Take it, or leave it.
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

Thanks
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

Kid Rock, Home Depot made the rules intentionally. A receipt saying full price for tool and zero for battery would not be eligible for a battery return for refund. Home Depot went out of their way to allocate it like this.

Put another way, "free battery" is a marketing lie, exactly like "we pay the sales tax". It's a shell game.
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

David, I'm not sure of your point is in regards to what I said?

But regardless, it does make it more difficult on Home Depot, their finances, Etc. And everything does filter down. That's not an opinion.

Please note, also that I am not too worried about this thread/topic and it's not that big of a deal to me at this point. So if you want to reply to this fine, if not fine. I'm not looking down on anybody... yes, I am neutral as to what anybody else wants to do with this deal, and returns.

But as a side note, I don't even know how you could return the battery with out returning the whole tool. Because I thought that everything was under one SKU. It would be like buying a television and returning the remote control... It just doesn't work that way.
Photo of Frank C

Frank C

Irs not like I tore the package open and then took it back. I handed back a perfectly saleable item that goes right back in the shelf. In fact I grabbed the last two batteries this morning. Had I not turned them back in somebody else may have missed out on a free battery.
(Edited)
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,080 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
This is very interesting. Why would hd do this if they didnt want to do this. They must make more money this way if you return the item. I initially thought it was kind of messed up. Howver, not anymore. So odd that they would give you a buyback on something like this. Well hey if its available on your reciept, well, thats a really good deal. For 2 great tools.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,080 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Also, keep in mind that those 2 batteries he returned would nevet have gotten used. This way someone down the road will use them.
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

I get it now David, Frank C. With the information you added and rereading the post with the pic I see.... Hope I didn't step on feet.
Photo of @bobbleheadguru

@bobbleheadguru

You convinced me. I went to the Home Depot. Bought both got the free batteries and immediately returned them before I got to the car. I got the trimmer and the blower for $121 each (net of the the return) INCLUDING a 2.5 battery and a charger (that came in box).
I repeatedly asked if it was OK. It is. 

Thank you! I am sorry for questioning ethics here. No need to, just a great deal.

I now have to deal with the return of the one I ordered via mail.
(Edited)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

So you basically turned it into a 40% off deal.
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

That doesn't make sense to me. The additional battery offer is only available with an online order. You can't get it in the store. If I can guess how you did it, the only thing I can come up with is that you bought the trimmer and blower in the store, showed an employee the online offer, and convinced that person to give you the additional batteries. Then you returned the batteries for a refund. They gave you batteries that they can't get reimbursed for and now have bought them back from you at retail.  It looks to me like that employee is going to be in a lot of trouble.
Photo of Frank C

Frank C

I was looking out the kitchen window this morning and noticed the hedges were almost obstructing my view. So I dropped by the local HD and grabbed another deal on the hedge trimmers. I'll craigslist my B&D plug in and Craftsman gas trimmers and almost pay for the new ones.

I got all my eggs in one basket now! Well, except for the chainsaw...but tomorrow's another day.

The additional battery offer is valid online and in stores Clint.
Photo of Frank C

Frank C

There's a card hanging in the stores indicating the free battery deal. I even used the self-checkout this morning. Scanned the trimmer @ $199. Scanned the battery @ $129 minus a $129 discount. Total of $210ish with tax. Walked out to my truck to load the trimmer. Walked right back in to the return desk with my battery and got $82ish returned to my credit card. BTW, I used my AMEX which is currently offereing me 5% off on all HD purchases through August.

(Edited)
Photo of Frank C

Frank C

Oh, there's also a huge stand up sign when you enter the store indicating the free battery deal. I've been to a half dozen HD stores the last few days and none have been hiding the deal.

Photo of Frank C

Frank C

Also I just noticed thr 16" chain saw comes with the 5aH battery. The return value on the free battery is around $90. I guess I'll be back to HD on the way home from work. I got lots of used gas equipment for craigslist this holiday weekend!
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

I was basing my comment on "Product not sold in stores" in the online listing. Here's a screenshot taken minutes ago. This screenshot is for the mower, but it also says not sold in stores for the trimmer bonus offer too. Because of it I was unable to search online for stores near me that might have them in stock. Apparently they are selling the regular tool, and giving a credit for the extra battery. That is what I asked customer service to do and was told they were unable to. I had to return my mower and re-order. I will have had to wait an additional eight days. I was anticipating with a lot of enthusiasm getting my new mower. That feeling has pretty much faded after a long wait. However, I have no doubt I will like it as much as most other people. I am grateful for HD's bonus offer, but have lost some trust in them.
(Edited)
Photo of @bobbleheadguru

@bobbleheadguru

Clint: 
Perhaps they would like to get a new SKU going for the future so they don't have this loophole?

For now though, HD has a internal system check in stores that just gives the battery for free, but shows it as a discount off both the battery and the tool. Each is returnable on its own.
(Edited)
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

I'll make a trip to my local Home Depot to see if they have the deal. If I can get the $199 trimmer for $111 by returning the extra battery I'm taking that deal and canceling my online order. I will already have two batteries with my mower and don't need four. I can't do the deal on the mower because my local HD doesn't carry that one. My only choice was the online order.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

I'm going tomorrow to see if I can do that for the 16" chainsaw
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

Just back from Home Depot. Picked up the string trimmer for $199, got the free battery with instant $129 credit. That part worked. The return part didn't. The clerk said she couldn't do that because the battery was free. What do I need to tell her to do to get my $89?
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 22,070 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Not a single HD within driving distance of me in the Bay Area has any of the Ego products in stock at this time.  Well, they MIGHT have a mower or two, but none of the other products are in at least 10 of the stores I checked today.
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

I just took a closer look at my receipt. It lists the return value for the battery at $78.23 and for the trimmer, $120.73, adding up to the purchase price. I was wondering why my battery refund wasn't as much as other people were getting, but I see now that it depends on what amount they price the tool. And I should have told the clerk to process the refund anyway. It would have worked. A heck of a deal. It does amount to 40% off.
Photo of @bobbleheadguru

@bobbleheadguru

Your amount matches mine. Perhaps your other number is from the trimmer that has the lesser battery and only costs $180 instead of $200? That one is typically only available online.
Photo of Frank C

Frank C

Just noticed I posted this comment in the wrong thread.

199+129=328
128 x 0.6067= $78.26
Photo of Frank C

Frank C

Just noticed I posted this comment in the wrong thread.

199+129=328
128 x 0.6067= $78.26
Photo of Joe Doe

Joe Doe

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Well I've got all the tools, gave the trimmer and blower a good test yesterday afternoon and I am VERY impressed, both have great build and finish and provide a ton of power, more than my gas powered equivalents.  My gas blower is rated at 480CFM an the EGO blower feels much more powerful, and I never even used the turbo, impressive.  If the mower and saw impress me as much I am just going to be thrilled to get away from gas and all the maintenance that goes along with it. 
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Joe,

The older 480CFM blower was pretty nice, but I didn't care for the air intake on the bottom, It always pulled on my shorts.  Now, if that happened to my neighbor when she is using a blower, I wouldn't mind so much. 

The new design really does hit the nail on the head.  It feels more solid, doesn't have that annoying safety switch on the top, and is powerful.  I love it.

If they add a variable speed throttle to it, how awesome that would be.

My next favorite tool is the 15" string trimmer.  Man it's great.  But it won't lift my neighbors shorts.

Next up is the 20" mower.  It's a compact and light dream, but, it won't lift her shorts either   :-(
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I'm just guessing you're not married. If you are, your wife better not come to this forum. ;-)
(Edited)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

After topping our 25th anniversary last year, I guess she is stuck with me. My wife has absolutely no interest in lawn tools, thank God.

To me, a woman is like a perfect work of art and engineering, who wouldn't appreciate that!
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,038 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Easy does it man! Can't you earn a few points with your wife without exposing the rest of us as the knuckle dragging gorillas we are? :-)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Add a 16" chainsaw to that comment as a bribe, and I could make that happen.
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

My local Home depot doesn't carry the LM2102SP mower, so I had to order it online. I will be getting the additional battery with it. It's easy to get a refund on the free battery when you buy at the store because it's printed on the receipt. Does anyone know if it's possible to return the free battery when it was ordered online? The receipt I got when it was shipped has only one bar code for return.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Clint, I think I'm going to hold of trying this until others verify that they don't get the run around trying to return the battery.
Photo of Annik Tremblay

Annik Tremblay

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I saw the free battery promo yesterday, I have sold my gas lawn mower this morning...And now, I just realized that the free battery promo is over in canada :-(
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

ouch. As you may have learned just now, look a little more carefully before you leap, laddie, or you might underestimate the width of the crack.

Annik, this promo is in the US and Canada.  Here is the link for the US promotion:

The link for the US landing page is: www.homedepot.com/powerupsummer
(Edited)
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

Annik... I have the 21-inch self-propelled mower and never use any extra batteries. I only have to use the 7.5 amp hour battery that came with it. For me I can mow it two and a half to three times before charging (not everyone admittedly). Still I think most people can mow their lawn easily with just one fully charged 7.5 /5.0 amp hour battery.

The good part is you'll probably have more than one tool eventually that use the same batteries. So extra batteries not that big of a deal.

I have three tools. Mower, string trimmer, blower. And I had no interest in getting an extra battery to operate my 3 tools. I can only use one tool at a time and I have three batteries from my three tools!
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

I use to burn through 2 4ah batteries to do my lawn. Weed eat, blower and mower. Yesterday I did it all with one 7.5ah battery,
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

Exact same here SCDC. I did a torture test this morning and mowed my whole overgrown wet lawn, trimmed the bushes, edged and touched up with the string trimmer and kept the blower on turbo for 10 minutes... still no red light 15% warning on the 7.5Ah battery.

Couldn't do all that with a 4Ah + 2Ah without swapping them out on the rapid charger.
Photo of Annik Tremblay

Annik Tremblay

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
To Jennifer: you say the promo is good for Canada and US but your top message (where you annonce the promo) does say that it ends on may 22nd in Canada. I called Home depot and they confirmed it. 
And I cant buy it in the US.

Annik, I am sorry. I did not realize that you were in Canada.  My apologies for the confusion.  I'm sorry you missed the sale.
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

Kid rock, you miss the point on the free battery promo. It's not about whether the extra battery is needed. It amounts to a $78 discount after you return the 2.0Ah battery you don't need. It's the same as missing the sale, and by just a few days.
Photo of Big R

Big R

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just received my HD online order for this deal, and Yep, no extra battery at all! It even lists the extra battery on the packing slip. What a joke of a company. Took a chance on this, only to find out it's a scam. Will be returning it to the store for a full refund.
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

Big R,

I believe it's a Home Depot issue you are having. Maybe that's the company you referenced?

I suppose there is a difference between bad service and a scam.

Maybe you could ask for a gift card to go with the replacement battery if you want to go that way.

After all, I assume you did want your Ego product?
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

I received just one shipment confirmation from HD for the trimmer plus free extra battery, but two notices of shipment from UPS and two tracking numbers. They are shipped separately. I get these notices from the shipper because I set up an account with them. It may be that the carton with the battery in it will still be delivered.
Photo of Big R

Big R

I've never shopped at Home Depot before, but decided to try it out this first time and also take a chance on a Ego trimmer. Maybe scam is a little harsh, but it would not surprise me at all, if they pulled this nonsense on others as well. I'm just going to try and find the nearest HD store and return it for a refund and not even bother with this store or the Ego products they carry. Why reward a store with a sale for doing an awful job. I don't want a gift card, just my money back, so I can go elsewhere and look for a new trimmer again.
Photo of Big R

Big R

I only received one shipment confirmation with a tracking number. No mention of a second shipment. Just recheck my order status at Home Depot, nothing, just that one tracking number. If they are doing separate shipments, then why don't they say so? Why ship your free battery from another location. Also, they shipped the trimmer in it original box, they didn't even put it in a big brown packing box for protection. Ugh!
(Edited)
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

Big R, it sounds like the two tracking numbers came from UPS My Choice (a service that alerts you whenever someone sends a package to you, whether you are expecting it or not). Clint said that he only got one shipping email from Home Depot as well.

If the free battery has shipped and is already on its way to you, you won't be able to get a full refund until it arrives and you return both the tool and free battery together.
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

Could you be more specific? If you mean one shipment confirmation from HD, that's what I said, and that's all you would get. Or did you mean you only got one shipment confirmation from UPS? Here's another aspect you might explore. When you return the trimmer and get your refund, you could go to the shelves and pick up the trimmer and also the 2.0Ah battery. When you check out it will give you an immediate $129 discount for the battery. The receipt will list separately the battery as returnable for $78.23 and the trimmer for $120.73. If you think one battery will do you, then take the receipt and battery to the return desk and be refunded $78.23. That means you have just bought the trimmer for $120.73. I don't think you can match that deal anywhere for such a good battery trimmer. Regardless of how soured you are about HD, why not take advantage of a fantastic deal? That could change your mood.
Photo of Big R

Big R

Just got off the phone with Home Depot, they don't have a clue. She said I might get a phone call Tuesday from the vendor or warehouse or someone about this issue about sending out the free battery. Speaking from experience, that phone call will never happen. After this experience with Home Depot, I will never shop there or their online store again. Buyer beware! I would highly suggest that Ego find a new distributor for their products and dump Home Depot. I'll try to make the trip this weekend to the store for a refund.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

Two things Big R:

First, Home Depot has tried saying inventory is fulfilled by the vendor, but in fact Home Depot warehouses and ships all Ego product themselves.

Second, you aren't going to get a full refund if the order shows a free battery was shipped. The order was sold as one item, so the complete item with all of its components (kit with charger, battery, and tool, plus the free battery) will have to be returned together for any refund to be given.
Photo of Big R

Big R

David, they will give me a full refund because there is nothing to show about a second shipment for a free battery. Even Home Depot didn't have any records of a second shipment. And if by some chance they attempt to prevent me at the store from getting a refund, I will call my credit card company and have them issue a chargeback for failure to provide what was ordered. And then Home Depot will not only NOT get my money but they will also be out a service charge due to a chargeback fee that can be as high as $150.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 22,164 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I seriously doubt you will have much, if any trouble getting this taken care of at your local HD.
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

To big r, I can tell you from my own experience that there will be no record of a second shipment at Home Depot. I told you that before, if you read my earlier reply carefully. The two shipment notices came from UPS, not Home Depot. There isn't room in the trimmer carton for a second battery. The free battery is shipped separately. That was true for me, and it's true for everyone. I can also tell you that it is pointless to call the store about this issue. My suggestion to you is to calm down and wait for the free battery to be delivered. It's a small carton and the UPS driver might have overlooked it when he took your large carton off the truck. It looks like your complaint is with UPS, not Home Depot. Of course the CSR wouldn't know what happened to the second package, and also no way for the CSR to know there were two shipments. The order is under one number. Did you read your shipment confirmation from HD? Right there at the top it says, "Please note that if you've ordered multiple products, they may be shipped separately." Since you are not attentive to the replies you have already been given you probably also didn't see the one about how you can get this trimmer for just $120.73. Your loss, and from the attitude you've displayed I don't even care. You're on your own now.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

I too got UPS shipment confirmations for the 2 packages.
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

A little additional information, both trimmer and extra battery were shipped from Ontario CA, but they departed at different times. The trimmer departed 1 hour 48 min later than the battery. You can tell which package is which from the weight. The trimmer is the 18 lb. package and the battery is the 4 lb. package. It is probable they will be delivered the same day. Scheduled deliveries are just an estimate, and California is a long way from Indiana. I get this information automatically emailed to me because my name, address, and email are registered with UPS My Choice. I will also be notified of any changes in schedule, and when it is out for delivery.
Photo of Big R

Big R

There is NO second shipment! How many times do I have to repeat myself. That doesn't even make sense for Home Depot to ship order items and not have any way to track them. No where on my order or  email or the HD Rep could find any second shipment tracking for anything. How would they ever know if a customer received their complete order or not, if they themselves can't even bring up whether they shipped you it or not. I get it, you guys are a bunch of shills hanging out in a weed eater forum all day. Good for you, make excuses for the awful Home Depot service. You guys are clueless about customer service. And Clint, go screw yourself.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

Big R, attacking other people who are volunteering their time trying to help you simply isn't called for. Many of us do, as you say "hang out on a weed eater forum all day" just trying to help our peers. I'm sorry if you didn't find any of our responses helpful.

Best of luck getting this resolved quickly. And we'd love to know what happened if you ever do get an explanation from Home Depot. Others could find themselves in a similar situation and wind up here looking for help—just like you.
(Edited)
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

Well, little r, formerly Big R, we tried to explain it to you, but you have your blinders on. You still didn't give us enough information, and explain whether the shipment notice you refer to was from HD or UPS. HD can find out by contacting UPS in case there is a complaint of nondelivery. I do agree on one thing: although HD says you might receive your order in multiple shipments on the shipment notification, it would be a good idea to have that information available online when an order does ship items separately. But, since that information isn't available, you can't know for certain that there is not more than one shipment. If your order was shipped correctly there would have to be two shipments because the extra battery will not fit inside the trimmer carton. I have told you already that I know that because my UPS notification emails tell me as much. I presume by now you don't get the same notices from UPS that I do, and that is why you are uninformed.
(Edited)
Photo of Frank C

Frank C

Big R, I've made a half dozen in-store and 2 online purchases from HD in the last week and every transaction was flawless. As many have tried to explain to you, Home Depot sends your order to a company called Chervon. Chervon then sends you 2 packages. If you have an account setup with UPS you would receive 2 messages from UPS with 2 tracking numbers. If you only received one box the other is on its way. Grab a Xanax and a beer and relax.
Photo of Frank C

Frank C

I'm not sure why my phone is double posting.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

Frank, to my knowledge these orders are all filled by Home Depot out of Home Depot's inventory. Chervon is not involved in order fulfillment after initially sending the product to Home Depot.

My only Ego orders that were shipped from Chervon were warranty replacements. Others have all come from a Home Depot fulfillment center.
(Edited)
Photo of Frank C

Frank C

I received 4 packages from Chervon today. A blower, a trimmer and two batteries that I ordered online from the HD website.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

My HD orders came from....Chervon.   and they are NOT warranty items.  new stuff only.  sorry, David.   :)
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

According to my UPS notification, my orders were fulfilled by Kenco/Chervon, Chino CA. There is a Chinese power tool manufacturer named Chervon. Kenco is a logistics service.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

Apparently things have changed since last year. Thanks for correcting my bad info.
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

According to my UPS notification, my orders were fulfilled by Kenco/Chervon, Chino CA. There is a Chinese power tool manufacturer named Chervon. Kenco is a logistics service. It leads me to believe that these EGO online products are never in the hands of Home Depot and are coming directly from the manufacturer's distribution warehouse. And it could be that the EGO products are manufactured by Chervon. Just guesses; don't hold me to it.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

Chervon drop-shipping product for Home Depot isn't the standard process, or at least it wasn't last month:

https://community.egopowerplus.com/eg...

"it's not EGO that shipped your mower, it's The Home Depot."
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

Perhaps between the great reviews and this promo, demand has exceeded Home Depot's total inventory and now Chervon is fulfilling orders directly.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

I got my stuff before the promo.   just saying.
Photo of Exrace

Exrace

• 8,626 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
For the USA sale the 15" trimmer is now showing "out of stock" on the "free battery" item and it is not even May 28th yet!. You would think they would honor the sale and backorder the item. EGO...how can we get in on this great sale if HD shows the item out of stock?
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

Check your local store for inventory. Go to the other listing, the one without the bonus battery, and you can search for stores near you that have it in stock. Of course they'd also need to have the 2.0Ah battery in stock for the deal to register. Can't do one without the other, because the discount only shows up after both trimmer and battery are scanned. It's a better deal to buy in store. You have it now instead of 8 days later, plus you have the option of returning the extra battery and getting a $78.23 refund. You'd have the trimmer for $120.73. Take both home if you're undecided. You will have 90 days to return the battery for a refund. (I'd leave it in the blister pack.) After handling this trimmer until its battery is exhausted you might find you've had enough for awhile. It's not very light. Put the 2.5 Ah battery on the charger and take a little break before you get back to the job. Buying in the store gives you another option
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

Good point, though store inventory of 2.0Ah batteries may be getting very low by now if most aren't returning the battery for a partial refund.

Looks like about half of the stores near me still have batteries on hand.
(Edited)
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

Oh, sorry! I was referring to a different model. Model # ST1501-S is out of stock online, and it isn't sold in stores. You can only buy Model # ST1502-S in stores, and it's $199.
Photo of Exrace

Exrace

Exactly...having a special sale and not having the inventory is very disappointing .
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,090 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm pretty sure it says "while supplies last" i think i read that in the paper add.
Photo of Exrace

Exrace

Funny thing is they show the exact same trimmer listed as (Model # ST1502-SB) in the same special store link but that is $20.00 more. That one is "in stock".
(Edited)
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

The difference between the two seems to be that the one for $20 more comes  with the 2.5Ah battery standard, and the other one comes with the 2.0Ah battery. You'd have to do a side by side comparison at HD website to find if there are any other differences. It doesn't matter in the end because the $179 trimmer is only available online and it's out of stock. It looks like EGO was phasing out the package with 2.0Ah battery and not sending it to stores. Once they sold all those old packages there probably won't be any more. I think it's worth the $20 difference for the 2.5Ah battery. As I have mentioned before, if you buy the $199 trimmer plus free 2.0Ah battery in the store you can return the free battery for a $78.23 credit and you have the trimmer with 2.5Ah battery for $120.73. That's a pretty good deal since with this battery you probably won't need an extra battery anyway.
Photo of Exrace

Exrace

Well I pulled the trigger on the mower in time before inventory ran out. :) Still on the fence on the trimmer...one local store has the 199 trimmer and other has batteries. Will have to see about the free battery when I get there.
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

Solution...

Buy the battery at one store and return it at the second which has the trimmer. Then buy them both getting the battery free.

Then return the battery a second time if you want to get the value back.

(or you can do the reverse... Buy the trimmer at one store and return at the store with the battery...)
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

Glad you found the mower in stock. No store within 100 miles of me had the self-propelled mower in stock, so I had to order it. I would have preferred to buy in the store so I could get the $78 refund on the free battery. The extra battery will probably come in a cardboard box inside the mower carton and not in a retail blister pack, so I probably can't get that deal. It will be here Wednesday so I will find out then. I already have the 2.5Ah battery with my trimmer, so I don't need another battery. We will be interested to find out how your deal goes. You need the battery, along with the trimmer, to get the deal to work at checkout. In fairness, they should credit you at the store. You might run into a problem if the employees are not familiar with the deal, and there is a likelihood that most employees won't understand it. If it is done correctly HD will give you a coupon or voucher for the battery. Let's hope they have anticipated this situation. If they fall back on "while supplies last," that would be highly unsatisfactory, especially when there is another store nearby that has the battery. It could be that this promotion is because EGO is phasing out that battery in favor of the 2.5 Ah battery, and when supplies of the 2.0Ah run out there might be no restocking available. That brings into play the "while supplies last" option for them. The online deal is no longer available because both the $179 and $199 trimmers with free extra battery are out of stock online. That doesn't make sense because they still have trimmers and batteries available online, and battery and trimmer ship separately.  Explain that if you can.
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

HD website now shows the $199 trimmer + extra battery available online.
Photo of Exrace

Exrace

I noticed that it became available again. :) Thanks for the heads up!
I hunted down one locally Saturday and received the 2.0ah battery in a blister pack.
Mower should be in next week.
Photo of Clint Murray

Clint Murray

2102SPB mower arrived at store today. Carton says 2100SP, so basically this is the 2100SP with fast charger and 7.5Ah battery shipped in separate cartons. Inside the mower carton is the free extra 2.0Ah battery in a retail blister pack. I suspect I will be able to return that for a $78.23 credit, but will wait awhile before making that decision. Also returned the $199 trimmer + extra battery, since I had bought them in store in the meantime. That was a hassle. Clerk couldn't get the return bar code in the email shipping notification to work. No one at the store could process it. They finally called in and processed the refund over the telephone.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.