Power station/generator

• Idea
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Under Consideration
If the EGO crew is listening, I would LOVE to see an ego power station or generator that would allow a user to plug in their EGO batteries, and through a power inverter system (like Goal Zero’s products), be able to have a few 3 prong outlets, usb charging outlets, and a 12V outlet. This would be an excellent way to get emergency power, and use our awesome EGO batteries year-round. I’d even be willing to pay $200-$300 for something like this, and it really gives a lot of added benefit to purchasing your products.
Photo of Luke

Luke

• 554 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 25,678 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The status is "not planned", pretty much the same idea and references the Goal Zero product line as well:

https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/make-a-generator-that-uses-your-batteries-like-the-goa...
Photo of Luke

Luke

Good to hear others are looking for the same product, thanks for linking that!
Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 58,444 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Price would probably be alot more. Dewalts version will cost you around 500. Still interested?
Photo of Luke

Luke

I just bought a dewalt (500 wh) model for $250. It’s a nice unit, but not lithium, so it weighs a ton.
Photo of John S

John S

• 672 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled AC adapter.

During the recent hurricane I wish I could have used my EGO batteries to charge our smart phones, run low wattage lamps, portable tv/radio etc. I wish EGO offered an AC adapter. It would be useful for camping too!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 138,754 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Power Outage.

So it’s 7 o’clock Saturday morning and our power has been out since 9:45 last night. High winds have done some damage and Hydro Ottawa has removed their estimated service restoration time from their website. Initially it was 2:00am.

We were just wondering how long the food in our fridge and freezer will stay good for... and I thought to myself, jeez would it be nice to have a way to power a few key appliances with my numerous Ego batteries. I have all this energy stored an no way to put it to good use. :-(
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 12,702 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 15Ah to 30Ah Backpack battery with two plugs for EGO battery ports and two 120V 6....

I have an idea that I've at least attempted to give to Toro and I want to give it to you guys as well. Husqvarna has come out with a 14.4Ah, 36V backpack battery and I was wondering if you would come out with something similar--something for the professional.  I've got more: Let this backpack have a few lead cords, one for EGO cordless equipment that you would plug into where you plug the battery, and one with a DC to AC 120V 60Hz converter. This would allow for corded tools to go cordless just by plugging a cord from the backpack battery into the tool.  Even better would be for the backpack to have two EGO 56V DC cords and two 120V 60Hz  cords so I can dual-wield EGO blowers or dual-wield Toro blowers or wield one of each.

This backpack battery should power pretty much any equipment that can plug into a power outlet. If it is 15Ah or 30Ah (6 strings of 14 cells or 12 strings of 14 cells or whatever), then it should be able to handle all four cords being used... maybe. I'm not certain.   The Toro Ultra Blower Vac uses 12 amps of current at 120V 60Hz, which would be over 24A at 56V... and two would use 48A, plus two EGO blowers would use another 24 amps (is that correct?) which would total to 72 amps, which would be 12 amps per string for 6 2.5Ah strings that would make up a 15Ah backpack battery? Well anyway, there is my idea. 

So, 2 cords for EGO battery ports and two plugs for corded items to make cordless.  This would make lives much easier.

As a little bonus, a converter, 56V DC to 120V 60Hz AC, something to put on EGO batteries and to plug into otherwise corded tools.  Create a pocket that can attach to clothing or a belt or something that the battery can be held in and have a short cord (2-3ft or 0.6-0.9m) leading from the battery to the corded tool. Obviously a 56V DC to 120V 60Hz AC converter will be needed, and proper components to keep battery from overheating, maybe a fan or something to put on the outside of the pocket? and also something to shut down the battery when its charge goes below a certain threshold like what you've got either already in the batteries or in your blowers.

I've always wanted a power outlet that I could just carry around with me but could give more than what, 1.1 amps? enough for 130W? I want more power... power beyond belief!