Power rake

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Under Consideration
Wondering if there is a power rake available or being developed for the ego lawn mower line. Or is there another compatible option out there
Photo of michael kelley

michael kelley

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of k

k

• 420 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have no idea if ego is making one but I'm sure they don't make a power rake right now. Maybe they will in the future. I think green works makes a power rake.
(Edited)
Photo of OwlBe Groovin

OwlBe Groovin

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have the green works machine, it is a corded machine. For a power rake you need the freedom to move without a cord around a tree or obstacles in a yard. Please EGO make a power rake!
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,908 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Michael! Not at the moment, but we'll share your thoughts with the team this afternoon. 
Photo of David Dixon

David Dixon

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm on board for this idea as well. A Power rake would be amazing to have with the Ego+ battery system.
Photo of Steven

Steven

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Agreed. I've had the mower for several years now and lack of a power rake option would be my biggest complaint. Does Ego have an update on this front?
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
After another 8 hour spring time rake, 2 rake replacements, and a handful of blisters I too am interested if there has been any progress here. Is there any way we could get an update? 
(Edited)
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 15,774 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I have a Mantis with all attachments including a dethatcher, but it's gas; trying to replace all that fume and maintenance. I already have the EGO power head and most of the attachments; would certainly buy it when it is released.
Photo of OwlBe Groovin

OwlBe Groovin

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Please EGO, i have spoke to many friends in the lawn care industry and they are all wondering when a power rake will be available . A machine that runs on duel 5.0 Ah batteries would ensure a full yard could be completed in the 40 minute timeframe. This would be a huge seller, be the trend setter and don’t wait to long.
Photo of Mike

Mike

Hey Amber - Just curious if the team has reported back if this will happen/is in the works or not.  I am holding out for the time being on buying another product as I really like what EGO has done but it's product lines and i'd prefer not to deviate to another manufacturer.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 91,812 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mike
Ego employees no longer participate on this board.  It is strictly a user forum.
Additionally, Ego does not announce tools until they for sale.
Photo of Mike

Mike

That is unfortunate....
Photo of Michael F Brunner

Michael F Brunner

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Dethatcher.

When is ego having a Detahtcher/power rake? I just used a corded model, ... So annoying the cord gets in the way! I would love to have an ego model where I don't have to keep moving the chord! Gas doesn't make sense either... To have the maintenance of a gas engine for something I use once a year!