Power rake

• Idea
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Under Consideration
Wondering if there is a power rake available or being developed for the ego lawn mower line. Or is there another compatible option out there
Photo of michael kelley

michael kelley

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of k

k

• 420 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have no idea if ego is making one but I'm sure they don't make a power rake right now. Maybe they will in the future. I think green works makes a power rake.
(Edited)
Photo of OwlBe Groovin

OwlBe Groovin

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have the green works machine, it is a corded machine. For a power rake you need the freedom to move without a cord around a tree or obstacles in a yard. Please EGO make a power rake!
Photo of Dave Villanueva

Dave Villanueva

• 60 Points
can I install power rake blade on my ego plus electric cordless lawn mover
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 116,054 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
not recommended or warrantied.

Mowers are designed to operate with light blades so probably will not function well either
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F.

• 68,360 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Michael! Not at the moment, but we'll share your thoughts with the team this afternoon. 
Photo of David Dixon

David Dixon

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm on board for this idea as well. A Power rake would be amazing to have with the Ego+ battery system.
Photo of Steven

Steven

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Agreed. I've had the mower for several years now and lack of a power rake option would be my biggest complaint. Does Ego have an update on this front?
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
After another 8 hour spring time rake, 2 rake replacements, and a handful of blisters I too am interested if there has been any progress here. Is there any way we could get an update? 
(Edited)
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 20,928 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I have a Mantis with all attachments including a dethatcher, but it's gas; trying to replace all that fume and maintenance. I already have the EGO power head and most of the attachments; would certainly buy it when it is released.
Photo of OwlBe Groovin

OwlBe Groovin

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Please EGO, i have spoke to many friends in the lawn care industry and they are all wondering when a power rake will be available . A machine that runs on duel 5.0 Ah batteries would ensure a full yard could be completed in the 40 minute timeframe. This would be a huge seller, be the trend setter and don’t wait to long.
Photo of Mike

Mike

Hey Amber - Just curious if the team has reported back if this will happen/is in the works or not.  I am holding out for the time being on buying another product as I really like what EGO has done but it's product lines and i'd prefer not to deviate to another manufacturer.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 116,054 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mike
Ego employees no longer participate on this board.  It is strictly a user forum.
Additionally, Ego does not announce tools until they for sale.
Photo of Mike

Mike

That is unfortunate....
Photo of Michael F Brunner

Michael F Brunner

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Dethatcher.

When is ego having a Detahtcher/power rake? I just used a corded model, ... So annoying the cord gets in the way! I would love to have an ego model where I don't have to keep moving the chord! Gas doesn't make sense either... To have the maintenance of a gas engine for something I use once a year!