Power outage

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

The battery on my cordless blower is defective - red blinking lights on charger.

Customer service is non existent - have called twice and left a message twice - no answer - no call back

Very disappointed as Home Depot will not replace and now I have been abandoned by  the manufacturer

Very disappointing since this is the most expensive blower on the market

Not sure why service is so bad but it certainly is

Photo of Terry

Terry

• 70 Points
  • mad, abandoned, ignored and cheated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Send them an email:

support@egopowerplus.com

They will get back to you as soon as they can!
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,608 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I second Blue.  An email will do wonders, and leaves a paper trail.  I always get a response within 24 hours during business hours.  Their support is far better than you can get from most companies these days.  If I was to call for support on my LG washing machine.  I get a call center in India.  In fact most companies outsource their support, and it is terrible.

EGO handles all support here in the USA.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

I forgot to mention.  If it is past 90 days, Home Depot is out of their return policy range.  And, you would have to return everything that came with it, in the original box.  So unless you can meet those guidelines, then your EGO 3 year battery / 5 year everything else warranty kicks in.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Home Depot is definitely not one of those companies that won't work with you if you're beyond the return period. They bend over backward to make sure every customer is delighted, not just satisfied.

If for some reason that didn't work, you could always buy another, swap the battery/charger, and let them know it's defective when you return the new blower with the non-working battery/charger. That may not technically be the proper way to handle it, but it will accomplish the same thing as getting a replacement directly from Ego.

I'm sure Ego will get back to you as soon as they can, but I think they have been pretty slammed providing support for all the new equipment being purchased for summer. Whenever you do talk to them, I highly doubt that Ego's support will leave you disappointed.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

David,

While he could purchase a new one and swap out the defective part, when it gets beyond the 90 days as stated on the receipt, it really isn't the right thing to do.  It really isn't fair on the retailer and at times costly.

EGO is great, they will take care of him.  Please don't take this as an attack on your post, it's just an opinion, and we all know everyone has one  :)
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you bring it in and explain the situation to the store manager, I am 99% sure any Home Depot manager will swap it out.

Home Depot's mentality is that their average customer spends around $80k over a lifetime of hardware store purchases. They don't want to lose that lifetime value (and probably send it to Lowes) by failing to keep a single customer happy.

In my experience, Ego and Home Depot will both do whatever it takes to make sure you're taken care of. Ego may be a bit busy at the moment, but they have some of the best customer service in the business.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Oh, there is no doubt we spend a boatload keeping our homes and lawns up to par over our life time, and no question they want to keep the customers.

I just have always had the luck of being behind "one of those" customers that ties customer service up for 20 minutes paging a manager, trying to take care of a customer who wants something done outside of the terms and agreement.  It's very frustrating.

In a perfect world where a swap could be arranged with the manager by phone?  Heck yes, that's a great idea. 

Yes, I've been in situations where I have asked for something outside the terms and agreement, but I am very cordial and let people go ahead of me who have quick returns or check out.  But that courtesy doesn't seem to be very contagious these days.

Your interest in helping the person is sincere, that's good enough for me.
(Edited)
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'd be curious to know when you first tried to contact EGO about the defective battery before deciding you've been "abandoned" and "cheated." Everyone here who has had to make a warranty claim has been taken care of.
Photo of Tim1951

Tim1951

• 3,364 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I couldn't agree more Ken. From what I have seen, customer service has been outstanding.
Photo of TK

TK

• 4,296 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Really! Why do I get the impression that this person does not have any EGO products. Perhaps this is from a competitor, and it has happened before so why not again....
Photo of Tim1951

Tim1951

• 3,364 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I think we get a lot of that......
(Edited)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

It's a dog eat dog world in retail.  Sometimes it's best to leave these threads to the company to respond.  You never know.  Some people get very ill if they perceive being ignored, or some fall into the iWant it now crowd.  Hard to judge.  Everyone is different.
Photo of Jeremy

Jeremy

• 432 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My experience with EGO customer service was nothing short of fantastic. The switch on my blower abruptly stopped  working  on low speed. I rely on low speed for precision cleaning in tight spots where turbo would blast out mulch and other items that i do not want to disturb. One call to customer service and I had a replacement in a matter of days at no (zero) cost to me. I couldn't be happier with customer service. Call them. I think you'll be surprised.

Good Luck.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Terry, we received your email and just sent you a response. Please accept our apologies for your disappointment. We see that you were able to speak to Tracy this weekend and have a replacement charger on its way to you.  Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.