Power light goes yellow immediately after motor engaged

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • In Progress
If I retry it may start but sometimes not. If I wait this helps. Sometimes if I get a fully charged battery (I have 2) it works. But this may be due to the additional waiting time when I go to get the battery. The blade turns freely and there are no unusual vibrations. Nothing seems unusually hot. As a result of all of this, the batteries never run down all the way any more. Instead it reaches a point where I can't re-engage the motor because the light keeps going yellow. So far going and gettng a fully charged battery seems to get it oer the hump, but I fear something is definitely going wrong.
Photo of PaulHoss

PaulHoss

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Take it back to Home Depot for exchange.
Photo of PaulHoss

PaulHoss

It's out of warrantee, unfortunately
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
If the 5 year warranty has expired, customer service may at least help you diagnose the problem and direct you how to get repairs for a price. 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656). Call early during the workday to avoid long waits.
Photo of PaulHoss

PaulHoss

Thank you. I didn’t purchase any extended warranty but now that you mention it I seem to recall something about 5 years in the manual, and the SN lists Dec. 2015 as the date of manufacture.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 70,260 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Paul, note that the 5 year warranty on the tool, 3 years on battery and charger, starts on day of purchase, not day of manufacture. That's part of the reason why it's so important to register your tool and battery/charger when you buy it. As well, keep your receipt or get a copy from wherever you bought it and upload that as part of your registration. It makes warranty claims a lot easier to have it all entered ahead of time. 
Photo of STUCK INTRAFFIC

STUCK INTRAFFIC

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the reminder about registering new products, Oregon Mike, (Champion).  I have to register my 1534 string trimmer kit (as well as a hedge trimmer and a blower all bought on same day recently.)
Photo of Kenny Mars

Kenny Mars

• 874 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
We took the mower back to Home Depot, they were to send it back to Atlanta weeks ago. No news
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,276 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Try this number for HD repair update

you can always get real-time updates on your mower's status by calling 1-855-284-3349. This is the number for Home Depot's warranty department, where associates can instantly search for and assist with your case. 

If your repair gets to 4 weeks call Ego CS and they will get involved and help to expedite the repair.