Power head and Multi Tools Attachment available online order at Home Depot today

• Praise
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

No Bundle package ?
Photo of AARON

AARON

• 70 Points

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Patt

Patt

• 416 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
8 in. Edger Attachment for EGO Power Head System
http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-8-in-Edger-Attachment-for-EGO-Power-Head-System-EA0800/301276583

10 in. Pole Saw Attachment for EGO Power Head System
http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-10-in-Pole-Saw-Attachment-for-EGO-Power-Head-System-PSA1000/301276692

15 in. String Trimmer Attachment for EGO Power Head System
http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-15-in-String-Trimmer-Attachment-for-EGO-Power-Head-System-STA1500/301...

$99 on each item. I don't see the base unit to attach the power head with online yet. Hopefully we will see the bundle price soon.
Photo of Patt

Patt

$149 POWER+ Power Head - Battery and Charger not included
http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-POWER-Power-Head-Battery-and-Charger-not-included-PH1400/301276678

Thanks Dominic49 for the mobile link.
Photo of Dominic49

Dominic49

• 2,676 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Photo of keenanj

keenanj

• 2,978 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Purchased! And you? Ha.
Photo of Brandon Shermer

Brandon Shermer

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Wondering if the price will be lower for a bundle. EGO any input? Otherwise I can order now.
Photo of Patt

Patt

It would be nice to see the bundle around $299 for the Power Head + Trimmer + Edger with battery...Maybe for the introduction/new release time frame.
(Edited)
Photo of Rick

Rick

• 1,094 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I am guessing that bundle might come in at $399, but I don't think $299 will happen. Would love to be proven wrong though!
Photo of Christopher

Christopher

• 682 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Not enough info to pull the trigger....need to see what combos look like.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
The combo kits will be available in the next few weeks. There will be 2 combo kits. One with the string trimmer head, power head, 5.0 battery and standard charger. The other will have the string trimmer head, power head, edger head, 5.0 battery and standard charger.
(Edited)
Photo of Faith

Faith

• 312 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Is a few "3" weeks?  1 week down!  
Not-so-patiently waiting...  grass is already growing out of control in the far north!
<insert Jeopardy song here>
Photo of Brian

Brian

• 306 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Me too! I bought the EGO mower. But I don't have a trimmer and edger. Waiting for the bundle. I might have to end up getting a competitor model if lawn gets really overgrown. Hoping it comes out in a week.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,274 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The anticipation is delicious, no? 
Photo of leo

leo

• 1,444 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
NOT!  We all have grass growing, friends and neighbors giving us the "whats wrong with your yard". all the while I could have been done with a brand new set of Echo equipment.  The more I think about it the more irritated I'm getting all the while you guys are laughing it up.
(Edited)
Photo of Brian

Brian

Yeah, not too happy. I think what would have been a better approach from EGO is if you had an expected release date to provide a better date. Doesn't have to be the exact day, but beginning, middle or end of April, for example. If not, it's better not to tell us so no frustration would occur. I understand transparency to customers is good, but it can backfire on the retailer if not executed well.
Photo of Amber F.

We’re sorry for the frustration, guys. We are just trying to keep you in the know and honestly, we’re sharing all of the details we have at this point. The kits will likely be available at the end of April/ beginning of May.
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

:-)
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Geez. A little aggressive there guys. Relax.
On one hand everyone is screaming for confirmation that something will be released, then on the other hand its been confirmed and it isnt to market fast enough. Too much me, me, me. I want a bigger mower, actually I NEED ONE. If ego released one, or said they were going to. Id give them more than a year to create it. In this case its a smaller item to design. So less time generally.

Keep in mind, they are a company, companies like to make money, products make money, missing sales is bad.

Wouldnt you think that they maybe they are doing everything that they can..

I doubt amber laughs much at work considering she has to deal with this community all the time.
Photo of keenanj

keenanj

• 2,978 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Seriously. I'm just psyched that there is a pole saw, I didn't think the rest would happen. I asked for it, they put it out, I bought it, it's on a truck, I'm happy. 
Photo of Brian

Brian

Thanks for the info. The string trimmer and edger combo is what I am looking for. I hope it comes out in April.
Photo of Brandon Shermer

Brandon Shermer

I was hoping there was a combo with more attachments without a battery. Any indication on pricing?
Is the power head compatible with other attachment tool systems like Trimmer Plus or Troy-Bilt?
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Nooope.... it's a splined shaft, not a square drive.
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,632 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Split drive on the 31" extension for the power head/multi-tool.

(a)Typical Engineer

Typo: spline not split drive.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

But how cool is that. Away from the flex drive shaft.

(a)Typical Engineer

Cool from a drive capability perspective; not cool from an in-compatibility perspective.
Photo of leo

leo

I just joined the EGO world, Online -- ordered the multitool head and weed wacker and 575 blower.   Now I noticed I will need to buy a battery, can't cancel the order because its en route!!!  So please advised my best path.  
1. Return it all unopen
2. Just pick up a battery ($$$)
3. Triple down and get the hedge clipper WITH battery.

Also what is the optimal size/weight for the week hacker and blower (CFM575)?

Thanks for any comments.   Kinda nervous after really a.bad Ryobi experience. If this doesn't work out I will be a life long Echo/Sthil.
I don't have the multi tool power head or any of the attachments, but I can't say enough good things about the Ego products I already have. I have a 14 inch chain saw, leaf blower and 21 inch self propelled lawn mower, and they all work like a dream. Reliable with plenty of power to get things done in my yard.

I can't wait to get rid of my old Ryobi and Black and Decker battery products for lawn care and simply down to all Ego products.

Recommend two batteries with at least one rapid charger so when one battery runs out, you can charge it while you work with the other one.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

If you've got a need for a chainsaw, I'd recommend the 16" kit. It comes with the 5Ah battery.

If you only have a small property you could get away with a 2.5Ah battery, which comes with a number of tool kits.

Batteries are expensive on their own, much cheaper in a kit.
Photo of Christopher

Christopher

• 682 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
My advice.  Slow down.
Photo of leo

leo

well the wife is bugging me about the edges and around the fence.  Looks like a small army on the horizon with fingers reaching over the curbs.   But I take you comment to heart, SLOW DOWN.
Photo of Brian

Brian

I would return. I did something similar. Home Depot has good return policy and was easy. Cheaper to buy a bundle. I am waiting for the multitool bundle coming out later
Photo of leo

leo

And I'm with you on the Ryobi and Black and Decker battery products line, barely get you through a season.
Photo of leo

leo

Any idea when the bundle will be released?  It would be nice if EGO gave a loyalty discount for early adopters.
Photo of Amber F.

All we can tell you right now is that it’s coming and sooner rather than later.
Photo of Brandon Shermer

Brandon Shermer

+1 to the above, or for the people who buy almost every product, then sell again to get the revised model...
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Tough call. I would get a minimum 5 ah battery. Pick up the leaf blower. I think jennifer said battery bundles won't be offered. I think.
Photo of William Mosby

William Mosby

• 248 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What about the hedge trimmer attachment? I saw this in previous video demonstrations
Photo of Amber F.

We do not have plans for the hedge trimmer attachment this year. If you mean the pole saw, it’ll be here in a jiffy! 
Photo of leo

leo

Suggest:  I have ordered the Multi-Tool head and weed whacker head.  I would like to see EGO reach out to the current users and ask what We want Ego to focus on.  
Or at least post what you have in the pipeline.  

Also thought is build the brands loyalty by allowing User Input as Beta Testers.
Bring us on to the family an take our input and prioritize the next tools.

We users are anxious to have an ALL Green Garage.  Just a quick list I would want ...

Shop Light/Flashlights, Shop Vac, Air Pump, Reciprocating Saws, Sanders, Grinders, Tool sharpener, Buffer,  power sprayer, AC Plug in adapter. 

I would love to be a Beta Tester for Ego.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Get in line, Leo! :-)

If you search you'll find many of the tools you're suggesting have been requested for a while. That's one of the nice things about this forum; it's a direct line to Ego so they hear your thoughts loud and clear.

Our suggestions have resulted in a lot of input towards the tools that have been released over the past year or so.

(a)Typical Engineer

I don't foresee Ego going into the power tool industry and competing directly with the likes of Milwaukee, Dewalt, Rigid, etc... not that they do not have the technology, more that their core market is OPE (outdoor power equipment).  The appear to be focused on that market, and that is a very smart thing to do, rather than spreading the engineering and production resources too thin.
Photo of leo

leo

I disagree.  I'm not saying they should have a full line of tools.  But anything that enhanced the the base product which is their battery system.  there are some devices that natural Fits into the EGO line. Flashlight/Floodlight for example or an air pump would be easy to produce that is useful.  This would broaden the company base thereby strengthening the company.  On the user side; I would like to use the batteries for more than the weekly yard work.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Yeah get in line.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

aTE, the power tool companies are certainly trying to get into the OPE market.  10-15 years from now when battery power density is sufficient I can see the smaller form factor batteries doing a pretty good job.

If we go by the 7% per year improvement I've heard quoted many times, in ten years battery performance/cost will be twice what it is today.  That means today's Milwaukee 18V 9Ah HD battery could be an 18Ah battery ten years from now.  That's a 324 Wh battery, not too far off what today's Ego 7.5 Ah battery offers.

Right now the larger format systems like Ego are the way to go for OPE, but that could change in the not too distant future.

As you say, the Engineering resources need to be focused where they're best spent, but as time goes on and there are fewer holes in their lineup I think they'd be wise to grow their tool lineup as much as possible while maintaining their stellar reputation for quality.  The more tools and gizmos people can power with their Ego batteries the more dependent they will become on the ecosystem and the less likely they are to abandon it.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
What I want most right now is this with an ego logo on it that works with my battery stockpile. Whether they let me beta test it or not.

Somehow I don't see that being a power head attachment though...
Photo of R Mercado

R Mercado

• 820 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This takes the thread a bit of course, but I understand where you are going with the battery power.  Sun Joe, Karcher, AR, Greenworx and so many others are simply disposable pumps that don't seem to hold up for more than 3 or so years.  I searched endlessly trying to find a good Pressure Washer for sub $500, but after studying the pumps, connections, impact of psi and gpm together, I am biting the bullet and going for a Kranzle K1122TST.  Hardwired, but with 15A, you can still get respectable cleaning power.  Not comparable to gas, but for car washing, fence/deck cleaning, sidewalks, I will be just fine.
Photo of R Mercado

R Mercado

I've been waiting for Ego to have an Attachment Series, in particular to include an Edger and 15" Trimmer that could take at least .095 line (I've heard .105 is possible).  With the newest back pack blower, I think I can finally replace a 14-year old Honda 21" HRX mower (hyrdastatic self-propelled), and Echo PAS 2601 Trimmer/Edger and Echo Backpack Blower.  They have served me well, and mower still starts on first pull - wish I could say same of Echos - ahh, fun with 2-strokes.   I will either replace with Ego 21" Self Propelled Mower (7.5A and RapidCharger), Backpack Blower with 5.0A and Standard Charger and then PowerStick/Edger/Trimmer separates.  If they offer a decent package that includes 5.0A Battery and Standard Charger then I will compare to see if it makes more sense to buy that and Backpack Blower without Battery and Charger - likely there won't be more than $25 difference.  Hoping for the best.  Can't wait to have the oder free, convenience, reliability, quiet, cleanliness with easy mower storage (hate losing so much garage space to mower) to boot.  If only these were Tesla cells that could be charged at 40A!  Ego has come of age with the complete package to seal the deal.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Get the 7.5 ah blower, much better deal if ya want 7.5 ah batteries.
Then 21 sp mower

Multi head.

You will have 2 7.5 ah batteries
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If given a choice between two 7.5Ah batteries and two 5.0Ah batteries I would take the smaller batteries as long as you have a rapid charger.
Photo of R Mercado

R Mercado

Thinking 7.5A for lawnmower will be perfect, but for handheld Trimmer/Edger, weight difference would be concern.  Only on 1/4 acre lot vs. previous 1/2 acre when I purchased the Honda/Echo equipment, so 5.0A should easily be enough.  Thank you for the feedback though.  All appreciated.
Photo of Rick

Rick

5aH will be enough for a mower on 1/4 acre.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Oh. I thought your yard was bigger.. yeah 5 ah is plenty.
Photo of Rick

Rick

Just FYI I have like 1/3 acre and I went with the 21" 5aH not self propelled package. My yard is mostly flat, but way easier to mow than with my previous Honda self propelled. Plenty of battery left when I am done too.
Photo of ron gruhlke

ron gruhlke

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled powerhead plus.

i read somewhere that the powerhead plus is going to be sold as a kit, can i ask if there will be a kit that includes all three attachments as well as the powerhead? as a new ego user (21"sp mower) i dont need any of the items, but i would be quite happy to change out at a good price point, maybe $500 for the complete kit, maybe $600-$650 if it included the 7.5 battery. not a lot of room for profit, but it seems that a kit like that would be a great way to entice people to get on board with ego products. by the way, my next item is the 16" chainsaw w/5 ah battery, and then the backpack blower w/7.5ah battery. after using the mower just three times now, i can say that i am a convert, and i am giving all of my gas ope to my daughter for her new house

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.