Pole trimmer option?

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Planned
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Will you have a pole saw?

Is there a pole trimmer option either available or coming out soon? I have an eGo battery and charger, so I would be much happier not having to buy another company's cordless pole trimmer.
Photo of Don

Don

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Big D Bill

Big D Bill

• 366 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I could use one as well. Dont care for the current options.
Photo of Denise C

Denise C

• 6,334 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Don and Big D! Thank you for your post. We have changed this topic to an 'idea' so we can keep track of it for the future. While we do not have a pole trimmer yet, we will update you right here if it goes into production. Thank you for your idea!
Photo of Ryan Mongan

Ryan Mongan

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I could use one as well.  I'll keep an eye out here.
Photo of Robert

Robert

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Add me to the list...Lowes has a 40V but I would rather have an EGO product
Photo of EARL

EARL

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Add me to the list also. Just keep the battery and motor near the operators hands . Don't just extend the whole unit out several feet.
Photo of John S

John S

• 692 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Please add me to the list also.  I have the 56v lawnmower, blower, hedge trimmer and string trimmer.  However, I still need and edger, pole saw and pole hedge trimmer. Like the other users above, we don't want to maintain two different systems.  EGO offers great solutions, but needs to offer the remaining tools needed.

Photo of Gregg De La Cruz

Gregg De La Cruz

• 60 Points
Can you make a pole attachment for the current trimmer so I don't have to buy another one?
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Gregg, we have no plans to do something like that with our current trimmer but are definitely looking into creating a dedicated pole trimmer in the future.  If we make one, we'll be sure to update you here.
Photo of Bruce Sherer

Bruce Sherer

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Add me to the list of customers wanting a pole saw.I was looking at your web site to see if you made one and found this topic. I am glad it is under consideration.
Photo of Tom Bilen

Tom Bilen

• 654 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I'd buy one tomorrow if Ego made one.  I really need a pole pruner.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,900 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
There is no way the current trimmer could be a pole saw also. The motor is at the bottom. I think ego has done it right here. I like the attachment capable units, But that means the motor is up in the handle, not at the bottom. This means connections, gears, and other things that can fail. I have now become a fan of the right tool for the job, not a universal tool for many jobs as these dont do any job the best. If they do make a pole saw, the motor will be in the head without power transfer gears.
Photo of jim nordman

jim nordman

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When is EGO going to make an extendable pole saw for trimming trees? Extendable f....
Photo of Fred Tarnay

Fred Tarnay

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Options needed.

Need a pole trimmer option as well as an option for switching different blade lengths. The current blade seems to be made for professional use and is much too long for fine work and around tight places.
Photo of Fred Tarnay

Fred Tarnay

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Options needed.

Need a pole trimmer option as well as an option for switching different blade lengths. The current blade seems to be made for professional use and is much too long for fine work and around tight places.
Photo of John Cole

John Cole

• 496 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Can you get a move on,? need a lopper for some tall trees, doesn't have to be a universal tool, also can you branch out into power tools? Drills, circular saws ect?
Would be great to have a common battery/ charger for all implements, Boch, De Walt ,etc are heading that way, don't want to have to bin my current range of Ego garden implements.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,880 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I want a 12" sliding compound miter saw, dual beveled
Photo of Manoj Kumar

Manoj Kumar

• 60 Points
Am just a garden beginner!. am Planning to buy a pole saw for my garden. But where can i find reliable pole saws available in market. I want to know whether Ego a manufacturer? sounds stupid but need to know.
I have gone through http://www.bestpolesaw.com/ but couldn't find EGO... What about amazon? can i buy from Amazon?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,336 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The EGO polesaw is not out yet.  Should be available this spring as part of a multi-tool kit

https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/ego-multi-tool-idea-in-the-making
(Edited)
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We are pleased to announce that the EGO Power Head System (multi-tool) is now live and for sale. Here is a link to see everything that's available so far: https://egopowerplus.com/collections/power-head
Photo of Fred Tarnay

Fred Tarnay

• 956 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thank you. Looks great - my order is in. 
Now we need a small cultivator attachment for home gardens. Please.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.