PH1400 String Trimmer Head Not Rotating

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
Unit trims fine for about 30 seconds and then head stops turning. Drive is still running but no head rotation........like a disengaged gear or spline or whatever. When I release the run button and manually turn head back and forth just a little, it starts working again.............for another few seconds. Any help?
Photo of TPerk100

TPerk100

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 139,090 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
That’s a new one!

If you separate the attachment from the powerhead is it possible to see whether the attachment shaft disengages from the trimmer head? What I mean is, can you turn the trimmer head without the shaft turning inside?

You might just have to give Ego Customer Service a call and let them figure it out for you. If you do call, try calling early in the day during the week if possible to avoid long wait times.
Photo of TPerk100

TPerk100

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks. I talked to Ego and in the process I detached the Trimmer from the Head. When I did this I heard a distinct clicks AS IF it had never been connected completely. Tested after reconnecting. Worked OK. Will see what it does in a week or so under real life load.
(Edited)
Photo of Lehigh Lawn Pros

Lehigh Lawn Pros

• 2,760 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
TP,
Not to worry, someone else had posted they had done the same thing last week :-)
I hope you  enjoy the PowerHead trimmer, It's my all time favorite.

Bob