PH1400 and LB5750 blower with a 2Ah battery same power?

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • In Progress
Hey guys,

I was wondering if using my PH1400 (mainly with the weed trimmer attachement) or my 575CFM blower with a 2Ah battery if I am getting the same power as if I am using one of my many 5Ah batteries? (I know run time will be reduced but I dont mind)

The reason I am asking is I recently got a heck of a deal and bought the Ego hedge trimmer and it came with a small 2.0Ah battery and boy it's making using my PH1400 (I dont have the strap) and my 575CFM blower (without the strap) much more enjoyable with that 2Ah battery VS the 5Ah battery weight wise.  It really makes a hell of a difference.  I dont really care about the run time for those tools as I still have 50% juice left on my 2Ah battery after doing my lawn weekly maintenance.

The only thing I am curious is if I am getting the same power with that small 2Ah. (same CFM, same wattage or RPM)

Thanks.
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

• 4,466 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Chris

Chris

• 448 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Mcklain, I just finished cutting my lawn with a 2.5AH in a 21" push mower and noticed no difference in power output. The only difference is run time. I interchange 5.0, 2.5 and 2.0 ah batteries all the time between all my equipment with no noticeable power output differences.

Cheers
Chris
Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 59,398 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The chainsaw does pull more power from the 5 ah battery than it will from a 2 or 2.5 ah battery. I would bet money that the power head and more than likely the 575. Cfm do run at a decreased output.

The powerhead using the trimmer head probably not. But the other attachments I would say so.