Numerous problems with 21-in non-propelled mower

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Having numerous problems with 21-in non-propelled electric mower. Started mowing at 7am today with blade at highest "5" setting. Tallest grass was at most 2 inches and bone dry. Mower would constantly quit and flash the yellow light and battery would need to be re-seated to continue. This became a chore as it was needing to be done every minute or so, despite slowly mowing through tall grass. It would even shut off while mowing my south lawn which is 0.5-in at most because the grass has not yet even grown back yet following some plumbing work done back there, I only go back there because it's just part of my path/routine. It would also shut off immediately after I had reseated the battery and turned the mower back on, while over already-mowed grass with no clippings (i.e. blade was literally not coming into contact with ANYTHING and mower would still shut off and complain). After about 30 minutes of this, battery died. Waited 1 hour 15 minutes for 5.0 Mah battery to recharge and then started mowing again. Only lasted about 7 minutes before battery died again. My <0.25 acre yard is now not even half mowed. Blade is sharp and tightened. Underside of mower is clean and free of debris.

I am thoroughly disappointed that this $400 mower does not get the job done right. I have never had a gas mower complain as much as this thing does. I am even more frustrated that you don't bother to open your call center until 10am when you should know that during the summer time your customers are going to be mowing early on the weekends to avoid getting too hot. Even when I do call, your wait times are horrendous. You "love hearing from customers" but management does exactly nothing to staff your service department properly to reflect that.

Perhaps I got the wrong mower and should switch back to a traditional model, because this thing is thoroughly defective and you don't seem interested in helping.

Worse yet, it doesn't even seem this Community is well-maintained. Speaking from my background in IT, there are zero reasons why this site should not be integrated with the same login that we use for warranty data on the main site; and you don't even update your holiday hours, because you still have a message about July 4th closures and it's July 13th.

Becoming less and less impressed with this company with every passing minute.
Photo of neptunestudios

neptunestudios

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • exhausted

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of walt dutchak

walt dutchak

• 1,624 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Totally sympathetic with your view. 
Of INTEREST: EGO is only one of many companies under the CHEVRON (China) conglomerate which includes companies in the power tool market such as - SKIL, SKILSAW, DEVON, FLEX, XTRON, EGO, HAMMERHEAD and CALMUDRA.
Perhaps the current impasse between China and USA has some impact on the EGO customer service situation. 
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 71,690 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Not Chevron. Chervon. 
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Neptunestudios, EGO doesn't monitor or participate on this forum; we're all users of EGO tools sharing and helping each other the best we can. Your best bet is to deal with Home Depot if within 90 days or 1 year if charged to their credit card. Otherwise, within the 5 year warranty, call customer service at 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656). Call early during the workday to avoid long waits.
Photo of walt dutchak

walt dutchak

• 1,624 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
You are correct Mike.  My error.  I noted that there was a Chevron China company, but that is associated with oil.   EGO is part of the Chervon (China) Trading Co., Ltd. conglomerate.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You don't say how long you've had your mower or whether you've used it before, but those of us here who have used these mowers for years can tell you this is not how they perform. You clearly have a damaged or defective unit.

As Mike said, if you bought it within the last 90 days your quickest solution is to exchange it for a replacement. Home Depot makes the process refreshingly painless.
Photo of neptunestudios

neptunestudios

I've had it for about 2 years and it was a housewarming gift from a now deceased family member. That was a whole thing I had to deal with with Ego too. Since I couldn't reproduce the receipt they only manually entered me in for a 1 year warranty that has probably now lapsed, conveniently when everything it's going up the creek. I'll admit that's more than they had to do, but still won't help me in this scenario.
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

• 4,330 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Call customer service, or take it back to Home Depo . You’re bad experience is not how the mower is supposed to run. I’ve seen videos of it cutting waist high grass with no problems. That sucks you had such a bad experience. This mower is the best one I’ve ever had, with very little maintenance and very convenient to store. Almost all my neighbors have electric mowers now. They were jealous of my lawn and how quiet the mower was. I hope it works out better for you man good luck.
Photo of neptunestudios

neptunestudios

It was nice when I first got it but has gotten progressively worse and per my above reply, I'm way past the return period and outside of a manual warranty grace period they gave me. And I was trying to call customer service yesterday morning but they don't want to be open until midday which is just crazy to me. $400 mowers, $200 string trimmers and $300 batteries, all made in China on the cheap, and they can't afford to staff their call centers 8a-8p seven days a week. Crazy to me. I'm a capitalist and a business owner myself but I don't treat my customers like this. I'm available 24/7. If you have a problem with my product, I *want* you to wake me up at 2am so I can keep your business.
(Edited)

William E Hanson

Unfortunately their business model isn't up to par. Statistics will dictate if and when they make changes.
Photo of neptunestudios

neptunestudios

I appreciate your folks' helpful words, but I just can't help but find it pretty despicable the scam they've conjured up. They get to sell made-in-China mowers at a tremendous profit margin, have constrained support hours and slow e-mail responses, and convinced their fans to run this support forum for free. Chervon is laughing all the way to the bank.
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

Seems like you just had a really bad situation, they back there products for 5 years and battery for 3 so they believe in there products. I’m sorry of your extremely bad luck, totally understand your frustration.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

I'm sympathetic to a point. Not having a gift receipt to register your mower sucks. I would certainly try to call customer service one more time and see if there is anything they can do to help you, especially since you're on the record having tried to register the mower back when you got it.

But judging from the tone of your posts it sounds like you just want to grind your ax more than you want actual help. You complain about everything from the login process to the fact that the manufacturing is done in China, which is hardly an unusual place for manufacturing these days. And you complain about "constrained hours," but customer service is available seven days a week.

Just for the heck of it I checked the customer service hours for a few of Ego's competitors. Stihl, Echo and Honda are available only Monday-Friday. They're closed on the weekends. Ryobi is seven days a week, but hours are similar to Ego's. So it looks like Ego's availability is better than most.

And Ego's fans don't "run" this forum, free or otherwise. None of us are administrators or moderators.

You seem to indicate you've been having problems for a while. It probably would have been a good idea to contact Ego for service when problems first started happening rather than wait for a complete failure, especially if you knew your warranty period was limited.

Requiring a receipt in order to get warranty service for an expensive product isn't a "despicable scam." Unfortunately it's pretty much standard across all companies. I have a lot of pricey hobbies and all of my toys require receipts. That's why stores give gift receipts.

Again, call customer service back and explain the situation. You might get lucky. It certainly can't hurt to try.
Photo of neptunestudios

neptunestudios

The "despicable scam" is not requiring the receipt, I never said that. The scam is that they pocket oodles and boodles of money and then do little to nothing to support them. Sure, the competition may have lower hours, but is that where we really are these days in business? Just do the bare minimum to outpace your competitor? Why not be objectively good? Even when you do call during the restrictive hours, you wait on hold for over an hour to talk to someone. I also submitted a support ticket yesterday morning before even posting here - they haven't even responded to that yet, in 24 business hours. I get better response times and support from United Airlines. Ryobi may have less hours, but hey, my orbital sander by them has had 0 problems... I've never had to call. By the time I get around to calling Ego on Monday morning, this will be my 5th call to them. I think you're underestimating the due diligence I've put into contacting them about problem after problem. That's how I know the hours and wait times are insane.

Yes, a lot of manufacturing is done in China, because it leads to cheaper products. Ego is not a cheap product. It is ostensibly a high end one, and yet they've taken steps to maximize their profit. That's their right, but they're doing it at the cost of customer service, which I dislike.

And you do run this forum by being the sole source of support. No technician paid by Ego has answered this thread. You all have responded out of the goodness of your hearts, for free, while Ego sits back and counts their money.

If I sound like I have an ax to grind, it might be because I do; if this is how Ego treats their customers, I hope prospective customers see this thread and stay away from them.
(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 105,650 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Take a deep breath - we are talking about a lawn mower.

Your questions have been addressed.  As stated this is a peer to peer site to offer help.  Not an Ego complaint department - call Ego CS for that or for a paid employee to talk too.

Any other questions - please post and as you have seen - many here are happy to help.
Photo of neptunestudios

neptunestudios

We are talking about a $500 accessory. I am glad that you have enough disposable income that a $500 item being dysfunctional and the manufacturer doing little to support it doesn't bother you, but not all of us are so richly blessed.

William E Hanson

Venting here doesn't do any good and can only hurt your credibility and willingness on some participant's part to help. It's not a matter if one's economic status how one conduct themselves.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

Your mower was $400, not $500, and that's for the kit with battery and charger. If you can't get Ego to cover your mower under warranty, you have the options of either paying for whatever the repair is, or you can buy the bare mower for $340 since you already have a battery and charger. If the problem is the battery and not the mower, a new battery is $220. You can also buy a refurbished mower for $270, although the better deal is with a battery and charger for only $30 more.

That's not bad since, as you said, your current mower was a gift, so you aren't out anything at all so far.

I'd still try to see if Customer Service will help.

But in re-reading your first post, I'm curious about how you mow. You said you're trying to mow grass that's 2 inches and half an inch tall with your mower deck set to the 3.5-inch cut height. What's up with that?
Photo of neptunestudios

neptunestudios

I don't know what's up with that, because it also quits in my south yard where there's virtually no grass to be cut at all. So I don't think the blade is getting stuck on grass (because there's nothing clogged up underneath either), it's just randomly stopping.

I'm not personally out any money at this juncture, but it's the principle of it. I absolutely detest when companies charge exorbitant prices and then just walk away from supporting their product, or provide bare minimum support. I'll admit that I have high expectations that most don't, but more people should. I'll never understand why people are OK with parting with large amounts of money and then also OK with being trampled on by greedy corporations.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

You haven't been trampled on. You haven't even talked to Customer Service yet. You're awfully bent out of shape this early in the process. You strike me as someone who is probably impossible to please.

Call CS and if you don't get through immediately select the call-back option. Or don't call. But if all you want to do is complain you're on the wrong forum.

And as a self-professed "capitalist" your continual comments about a company trying to make a profit ring hollow.
Photo of neptunestudios

neptunestudios

The fact that customer service sets unreasonably thin hours of availability and then during those few hours doesn't have enough staff to answer calls rapidly is, as far as I'm concerned, trampling on the customer. They're doing the absolute bare minimum to support the product. There are numerous companies, larger and smaller, that have quicker response times and better hours.

At this juncture, I'm not here to complain, but to defend my position since the implication is that you feel that I'm being unreasonable. I think I'm being more than reasonable that I haven't just taken Ego to court over my expensive mower being defective and no one wanting to pick up the phone or reply to my e-mail. BTW, we're now up to 48 hours and they haven't e-mailed me back, either.

I have no problems with a company trying to make a profit, but there has to be some moral compass to that. Making cheap merchandise that fails and then slimming down your call center to minimal hours and minimal staff is just corporate greed.

Southwest Airlines provides everyone two free bags, no change fees, free snacks, ample legroom, friendly customer service, they answer fast 24 hours a day even though they don't even fly 24 hours a day, and yet they still make a LOT of money. I'm perfectly ok with that. Their CEO deserves to buy all the yachts he wants.

Ego, by comparison, is Mr. Burns wringing their hands together at how they've conned all of us into buying an overpriced mower that doesn't work and then they don't even have the courtesy to answer the phone in a reasonable period of time.

As I've said, I'm a two-person small business and I make myself available to customers 24/7/365. Call me at 3am Christmas morning after I was up until 1am laying out gifts for the kids that'll be up at 5am. I will pick up that phone and I will fix your issue or I will give you your money back. Ego has no excuses.
(Edited)
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

"Unreasonably thin hours" for customer service, which as I posted above are far better than any of their competitors. They exceed the industry standard, so yes, you're being unreasonable.

Customer service is done via phone, not email. That's why phone numbers are listed. Call them back and leave a message for callback. Or don't.

Ego's mowers are priced comparably to their competition, so they're not "overpriced." And you didn't buy it.
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

I did feel bad for your situation, but as you stated you are out of no money. You got to try something innovative that had no problems the first year. You tell us it was a gift but can’t prove purchases. For everyone that has done it the right way it is not a problem. CS is a little pain but they are working on it and most of the time they get back with you within 24 hours which is an acceptable practice. There hours of operation are not thin like most if not better. They back there products for warranties longer than most so they do not forget about you. Your principles are not the right principles you have not been done wrong. They gave you a year warranty even though you could not provide proof of purchase. I’m sorry that you have not gone about it the proper way with proof of purchase or registration of the equipment, and can not get the full warranty, but what do you expect. It’s starting to sound like you just want to get another free mower. Complaining here in my opinion will not help your situation.
Photo of neptunestudios

neptunestudios

I can assure you I do not want another free mower. Replacing the unit with another piece of junk is not going to help me. As I've said before, at this point, my only motivations here are to caution prospective customers from getting mired in the same problems I've had.

CS has been a pain for the 2 years I've had the thing. Every single phone call has been an enormous pain. I don't see any positive change happening there.

They do offer customer service via e-mail, or why do they have the form on the account page? You can literally report a problem there and it says they will e-mail you back.

As I said before, just barely beating the competition does not mean they are better. Just slightly outpacing your competitor only makes you the best on a technicality. It does not make you objectively good. Plenty of other consumer electronics companies make themselves more widely available on thinner profit margins. Ego has no excuses for their behavior.

When someone pockets an enormous wad of money in exchange for a product, I expect them to be available at any time that product could feasibly be in use to support it if it fails. I'm sorry that you have lower expectations than I do and apparently don't mind spending money on things and then getting disregarded by the person you've paid. I demand better and I don't think I'm unreasonable for doing so.
(Edited)
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

Good points Ken, all true and I agree. I think that frustration adds more to the problem that may not be there. Definitely not a scam or worse than other companies (actually as you pointed out better in most cases). When you are frustrated, everything seems to be horrible when that might not be the case. Yea receipt is required everywhere as proof of purchase that’s why there are gift receipts as well. Where it’s made shouldn’t matter. EGOs products work better than most but with every company there may be some products that are defective, that is why warranty’s are in place. I think you are mad at the situation so you are mad at everything and need to blow off steam. Everyone here is here to help because there equipment is so much better than what they have ever had before. You just have a very rare situation.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 71,984 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm a bit confused by all of this. It seems like you have a battery, most likely, problem. And instead of dealing with it right away you've dealt with it for 2 years? That part I'm not clear on so could you clarify? If so, why have you waited 2 years? 
Also, when it was given to you as a gift, did you register it as a gift? You can do that on the EGO site. I'm guessing not since EGO recently (within the last year?) entered your info for a 1 year warranty.

So, you've continued to struggle with it for the 1 year? 

The timeline is hard to follow. You've had the mower for 2 years?
You have (had?) a 1 year warranty, when did the warranty first go into effect?
How long have you had the mower? When was it given to you as a gift? How old was it when it was given to you? Did you try to register it when it was given to you as a gift?
Has this problem been gradual, or  just came up? 

I see too many inconsistencies in your story. Please clarify so it all makes sense. Start from day 1 until now. I'm not accusing you of anything, just trying to make sense of it all.

Photo of neptunestudios

neptunestudios

The issue with it only running for 7 minutes after a full charge is new and additional to the base problem which is that the mower seems incapable of staying on even when the deck height is set to the max to the extent that, as others have observed, it's either not cutting any grass or cutting very little. Yet it still shuts off and flashes yellow like it's hit a choke point.

No, I did not register it upon receiving it. I wasn't aware that was required when the giver was still alive to provide proof of purchase.

I've had previous issues with other components that has given me the experience to know that Ego's CS is lousy. The band that keeps the safety button attached to the mower frayed and broke off and when I called in their technical prowess was to have me just tie my own string back on to it, rather than sending a new part. Later, I had issues with the charging station, where they did walk me through a reset process for it, and it started working again (this was the same call where they then signed me up for the 1 year courtesy warranty). I then also would have issues with the yellow flashing light as I am now but that was back when I didn't mow as often as I should and they basically told me to go slower so it didn't snag and how to re-seat the battery to be able to continue mowing.

Now I'm dealing with that same issue in not-as-tall grass that I mow weekly, and the battery issue in addition to that. I get that batteries are like tires and they wear down with use, but with how much these batteries cost and with it's Mah rating, it shouldn't be this useless this fast. Even from day 1 it'd only run for about 45 minutes in average-height grass which was somewhat disappointing. I'm on <0.25 acre and it takes about 50-55 minutes to mow, so it usually always quits right before I can finish. Ego support said that was normal for the 5.0Mah battery and I guess I just tolerated it because it was better than dealing with a gas mower's maintenance.

So for full clarity, here's the timeline:

July 2017: Buy house and receive mower as housewarming gift from grandfather.
Sep 2017: Band for safety button breaks, re-attach with kitchen twine.
Apr 2018: Grandfather dies
July 2018: Issue with charger rectified by resetting it
Aug 2018: Issue with yellow light rectified by going slower and I can keep mowing if I reseat the battery
Between then and now: Battery performance and yellow light issue gets progressively worse but in what I can only characterize as boiling a frog in water. If I compared it's state in Aug 2018 to today, it's a drastic difference, but with each mow it was such a minor difference it never really sparked enough need to call Ego, especially when I knew how bad their wait times were.
Now: These issues in this thread and still no email response from Ego.

I would say the performance got precipitously worse with this mowing season starting around March/April.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,132 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
"Now: These issues in this thread and still no email response from Ego."

You will not get an email response from Ego.  You need to call Ego CS.
Ego does not respond to posts on this board.

"I've had previous issues with other components that has given me the experience to know that Ego's CS is lousy."

I and many others reach Ego CS without issue and receive excellent customer support.

"have issues with the yellow flashing light as I am now but that was back when I didn't mow as often as I should "

Overloading the mower often results in a yellow overload indicator.

"Now I'm dealing with that same issue in not-as-tall grass that I mow weekly,"

So, prior abuse of mower still showing. 

":I get that batteries are like tires and they wear down with use, but with how much these batteries cost and with it's Mah rating, it shouldn't be this useless this fast. "

I have had my Mower since July 2016 - mower and batteries still operating like new.

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

2 things are still confusing. The 21", as far as I know and I have one from 2016, doesn't come with a safety switch band. I think the 20" models had (maybe still do?) that. I'm guessing you mean the leash that holds the key (green push button?) to the mower so you don't lose it. The 21" model safety switch (button) isn't meant to come out like the 20" model does (did?). CS told you to reseat the battery? Maybe it was only intended as a troubleshooting step and not something to continue doing instead of calling them back. Anyway, it seems to me your 1 year warranty is still in effect since it started Aug 2018 and it's only July 2019 now. Give them a call, calmly explain what you just wrote out to me and see what they do. 
At this point you are frustrated, and somewhat angry. This forum isn't really for that, but we can help troubleshoot and give ideas on how to go forward. 
Call CS ASAP, even if you have already called them. Stay on it because you only have a short time before your warranty expires.
Hoping this helps.
Photo of neptunestudios

neptunestudios

@szwoopp - Then why do they have the e-mail form in the "My Account" page on the main egopowerplus.com? There is a form you can fill out to send an e-mail message to the Tech Support team outside of business hours. What's the point of having this form if they have no intention of responding to the e-mails? I never implied Ego monitors this forum, I am not talking about this thread or expect them to answer it. I am talking about the support ticket I submitted via e-mail on their main website.

You say you reach them with no issue and receive excellent support...so you've been able to reach them at 8am on a Saturday when most people are mowing before it gets hot out, but they decide to stay closed and make us wait until it's 95 degrees out to troubleshoot?

I am glad that your anecdotal situation is working out great for you, but mine is not and Ego does not seem to care about customer service.

@Oregon Mike - Maybe I have the 20"? I don't know for certain since I didn't buy it. I am talking about the green push button key leash. CS said re-seating the battery clears the yellow alert as an acknowledgment that it was overloaded and a reminder to check underneath, etc. before continuing. The mower will not restart when it flashes yellow without me doing this step or waiting at least a full minute for it to forget about it.

I appreciate the help but at this point I'm about to just throw the thing away since as others have astutely pointed out, I'm in it for no money. It's not worth my health deteriorating over the frustration of such bad service from these people. Since my warranty is going to expire way sooner than it would have if I had proof of purchase, even if it can get fixed now, it'll be worthless again in a month and I'll still be up against Ego's weird hours and long hold times. It almost seems like I'm better off going back to a gas mower or one of the other electrics where at least I'll be the one who bought it so I can get the full mileage out of the warranty.
(Edited)
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

I'll bet the reseat comment was to buy time while the mower reset itself. You don't have to reseat the battery if it's an overheat problem from mowing too high of grass. Just wait the minute for the mower to reset. 
I'd still call EGO CS and work the warranty. It's no money either way so no loss. As well, it seems like leaving a "lifeline" on the board on Millionaire. Don't leave any lifelines. I think at this point you should be over the frustration and ready to take next steps. Possibly a free mower or buy a different kind. Your call but when you make the decision you will relax. 

And, please understand, EGO has built lots and lots of mowers. The problem ones you see here is but a fraction of the build amount. It's likely the next one you get will be troublefree.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

On the three occasions I've needed to contact customer service over the past four years, I too have had no problem getting through to them, and they've been great every time.

You're in a disaster of your own making at this point, and you're right, it's not good for your health. But Ego isn't the cause of it. It's increasingly difficult to have any sympathy for your plight:
  • You complain about your mower's performance when you're cutting 2-inch grass with the mower set to 3.5 inches. That right there has me questioning the accuracy of anything you're posting.
  • You don't even know which mower you have, so you've clearly never read the manual, read the warranty registration card or even looked at the writing on the side of the mower. Are you sure it's not a Ryobi?
  • You complain that you got no answer from customer service when you called them when they were closed and you refuse to call them when they're open. Rock, meet hard place.
  • You complain about customer service hours even though Ego's is the best in the business.
  • You complain that you can't get the mower and/or battery fixed under warranty, then you admit your warranty is still in effect, so you can get it fixed under warranty.
  • You complain that if you get the mower fixed or replaced it'll be "worthless in a month," even though you've never even tried.
If you're not going to call Customer Service, please sell your mower on Craigslist and be done with it.
Photo of neptunestudios

neptunestudios

@Ken, We seem to be stuck in a circle here because I feel like I've explained my position repeatedly and I'm given the same pro-Ego facts each time. Being the best in the lawnmower business is not what I'm after. My expectations include them being objectively good and supporting the product during all reasonable times when the product could be in use and encountering an issue. Do you ONLY mow your grass between 10 and 6 on the weekends? And as stated earlier, it's been two business days and they haven't responded to the e-mail I sent them through the form on their website for Tech Support.

You'll have to forgive me for not being a certified lawnmower expert, so I do not know exactly what model I have, what price was paid for it since I didn't buy it, and you'll also have to forgive that I did not bend down on my knees, grab a grass needle, and measure it with a laser-accurate measuring device. All of the content in this thread is my best guesses and estimates about the situation. If that really damages my credibility to you so greatly that you think I'm just here mouthing off about problems that don't exist and thus you're not interested in pursuing this further, please feel free to hit Ctrl+W.

Again, I'm glad you've had no issues getting through, but beyond the weird hours, every time I try to call in, it's an hour plus wait. I'm sweaty and covered in grass. I want to either finish mowing so I can go in and take a shower, not sit outside and wait an hour to get support so that I can finish the job.

@Oregon Mike (and Ken),  Upon checking the "My Account" page, Ego backdated the 1 year warranty to start on 7/1/17, since I told them I got it in July 2017. So the 1 year would have expired in July 2018. Now I do remember them telling me that I was on a pretty tight timeline when they set that up. So it sounds like the warranty is a non-starter at this juncture.
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

I’ll take it if you don’t want it anymore
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Neptune, there seems to be a circle because your story is difficult to follow at best. It seems you are now a year beyond any EGO warranty coverage so it becomes a question as to why even start a thread here except the only reason is to bash EGO. 
Everyone here has tried to offer any help and guidance possible but your story changes to fit whatever agenda you have by coming here. 
You are right. You are probably done here and need to go buy a mower.
Photo of neptunestudios

neptunestudios

Nothing in the story has changed. I have maintained my same high expectations through and through. I've made my agenda clear - to caution prospective buyers away from this terrible company. That's why I've also left 1-star reviews on the Home Depot website for the mower, battery and charging unit. This company does not deserve the revenue if it's not going to provide adequate support.
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

If you don’t like your mower and battery I will gladly take it off your hands. Just let me know where I can pick it up. I’ll call CS see what I can do to get it to work. I would be happy to.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Neptune, sounds like you had a clear agenda prior to posting here if you already left 1star reviews everywhere for every single piece of the kit you seem to know nothing about. (BTW, how did you know which mower model to leave a review for?)

You are a successful and motivated entrepreneur? If so, then you certainly realize how much of your precious time you’ve wasted complaining about your 1star products here, and since you’re well aware your warranty expired long ago your actions smell more of troll than of someone with legitimate intentions.

I say you’ve wasted your time because most people reading this will likely see right through the BS, and if people don’t believe you then what’s the point?

Sorry your Ego ownership experience didn’t live up to the same lofty standards you set for your own customers, but you really should just give this up and get back to doing something that will benefit you and your family.

If you actually are interested in fixing your mower, I suggest you try a different battery. It’s not unheard of to have a battery die prematurely, but it is rare. If a new battery doesn’t fix the mower you can just return it to Home Depot. Literally ZERO risk. If you’re not willing to do that, please move on.

William E Hanson

Neptune, at first we felt sorry for your predicament, but quickly realized you're just a whiny kid who never grew up who incessantly complain when you don't get your entitled way. Everyone, including EGO has already given you more than you deserved. You won't convince us or anyone else to follow your juvenile agenda.
Photo of Luis Patino

Luis Patino

• 670 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Had to jump on this... Had my mowers blowers and trimmers for 4 years now... All registered when purchased (like you're supposed to) and as a small business owner and "entrepreneur" i completely get why they ask of those things. ive have everything from batteries to bag frames to trimmer heads replaced free of charge from Ego and aside from the wait time, their customer service is great. How many ego resellers would simply call to request new batteries and chargers to sell used equipment if they didnt need proof of purchase? Go on ebay or craigslist and you will find tons of used ego equip for resale. Only recently did i need to pay for a replacement part because i stated i did not want to wait for weeks for a small repair and they sent me the part instead, thats more than fair. I was back up and running in less than 10 min after i fixed it myself and the part arrived in 2 days after calling. Business owners are supposed to be doers and outside the box thinkers... If all you do is complain to pass your problems on to someone else, how can that be considered being an "entrepreneur"? End rant. Keep up the great work ego.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

LUIS +++++++

William E Hanson

Luis, positive people are successful people.
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

Nice Luis, very true
Photo of neptunestudios

neptunestudios

I'm unapologetic in my high expectations and do not support companies that don't meet them. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be unable to support Ego. They still have not responded to my e-mail request through the My Account page, so they clearly do not care about service. I picked up a Kobalt electric mower the other day and so far it is outperforming the Ego. I'll be filing a small claims suit in DuPage County against Chervon to recover the lost value in the mower and will head downtown to get some deep dish. Thank God for my Southwest miles because they earned my loyalty...
(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

lol

William E Hanson

Fools keep running their mouths when wrong; intelligent people acknowledge and learn.
Photo of neptunestudios

neptunestudios

Fools let people walk all over them. Intelligent people use every tool available to them to not allow it. This will be my 25th small claims suit, and I've had 24 wins, so you'll have to excuse my overconfidence that I think I've got this one in the bag.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

Intelligent people solve their problems.

Still waiting for that email?

And it doesn't surprise me at all that you're litigious. And I'd love to read the Yelp reviews of your business.
(Edited)
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

Wow still on that email. Wow I guess if you don’t do anything the right way, expectations should be that everyone else should do what you want anyway. ( 1. No receipt/ registration = full warranty/refund . 2. Email one time with month or weeks with no response = no way they didn’t get my email because emails are perfect and never get lost, so they need to read minds and know to get back me. ) Ever notice that the villains in movies never think they are wrong either and that everyone should bend to there principles. Nice szwoopp I should just laugh as well because it is kinda of funny at this point. Doesn’t seem like you have a leg to stand on but good luck I guess.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.