Nozzle Attachment for the 530 CFM Leaf Blower

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Jennifer, in this YouTube video of the 530 CFM leaf blower, it looks like there is a "nozzle" attachment for the 530.  Is this only available in the UK, as the publisher of the video is from the UK?  Secondly, if the "high lift" blade can be made available in the US, can this 530 CFM attachment be included as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhBJ3vlGe8k
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,162 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

• 9,440 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
A fantastic (and reasonable) request. The US/CA version also has the notches for the nozzle, so clearly it's ready to accept the accessory. I'm curious as to the difference between the two models being offered as well...

I can see that the lower model has the speed throttle moved to the side - sweet!! But where's the "turbo" button??
(Edited)
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 22,194 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I love the placement of the Turbo button on the 530 unit I purchased about 4 months ago.  Not only that, of my 5 Ego products I like the blower the best and I use the heck out of it.  A minimum of once a day.  Usually several.  Thankfully I have enough batteries to keep it running for the larger cleanups. :)
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

I like it because I have to, but if the newer version with the control on the side was available in the US, I probably would have gotten it instead.  Single-hand control is always preferable to having to use both hands, IMHO.  I tend to throttle up and down often.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,774 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Dave,

I really didn't like the 480 blower much at all.  it took way too much effort with pushing buttons just to blow air.   The air intake on the bottom sucked at my shorts all of the time.

The 530 is just plain sweet.  Everything I wanted addressed, was.  Not that the 480 was bad, it's just the 530 is THAT much better.

On another note, I want to see those 7.5Ah battery prices come down to earth.  It's one sweet battery that does my whole lawn and weed eating.

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,068 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
I'm pleased to announce that this nozzle attachment for the 530CFM blower will also be available in North America in early 2017!  Prices and exact dates are still to be determined.
(Edited)
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

Absolutely fantastic news, @jennifer - thanks for letting us know!  Would be great to see more of these European accessories hit the US/CA market (hint hint *shoulder strap* hint hint)...   ;)
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,140 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
And how about a "surprise" new edger for 2017 - that would a HUGE BONUS for next year!!!
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,018 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If I had to guess based on the pictures, the trimmer strap looks the same as the blower strap except it includes a collar/ring to attach to the shaft.

If this is the case (needs to be verified), the trimmer strap could be used to switch back and forth between the two tools, just clip it on whichever tool you need.

That is also my understanding. ;)
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

Holy crap - I had no idea these were available on HD's website!? When did these become available??
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

Thank You for the great news, my 530 CFM will be very happy!!!!!
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

My tennis elbow will be happy!!!
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

Amen!!!

Official Response
This nozzle is now available on homedepot.com: http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-Blower... This nozzle works with the 530CFM and 575CFM blowers.
Photo of Jose Moreno

Jose Moreno

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Does Ego or another manufacturer make a flat tapered extension that will fit the ....

Does Ego make a tapered extension for the leaf blower? If not do you know of any made by another manufacturer that would fit the Ego blower? Thank you for any help.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.