No Battery

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Duplicate

i was given a gift of the battery operated chain saw, but when i opened the box there was no battery in it. I am I dont have a gift receipt . what should do
Photo of skender kqira

skender kqira

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of George cattell

George cattell

• 86 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Buy a battery
Photo of mike

mike

• 1,036 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Honestly you should ask them to get you a receipt first for warranty purposes and then you can take back the chainsaw and buy one that comes with a battery.... much more cost effective.
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 8,810 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Maybe double check the box - there is a tool only option.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,488 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
As Michael G suggested check all of the packaging.  The battery is generally packed in its own box and nestled in a corner of the larger box.  There should also be a charger.

That said the chain saw is sold as a bare tool in addition to the option to purchase with a battery.  So, you will need to determine if the battery was actually supposed to be included with your saw.  If you are missing both the battery and charger, you likely have a bare tool.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you post the model number here we can tell you whether it was supposed to come with a battery and charger, or whether the person who bought it for you accidentally bought the tool-only version.

That said, about your only option is to go to the person who bought it for you and either ask them to return it for you or for them to give you a gift receipt or regular receipt.
(Edited)
Photo of skender kqira

skender kqira

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Per the box which i did check and all packing it should of included the battery.  I also did ask the person who gave me the gist for the receipt but they could not find it.  I have to admit this is a sad that a company like this and that is well known is not wiling to do anything.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 72,412 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Ok, if the saw was bought at Home Depot there will be an electronic copy of the transaction. That's all that's needed to return/exchange it. Your friend might have to go with you if a credit card was used so they can credit back to the card, but you don't really need a hardcopy of the receipt.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Have you even actually called Ego?

The battery is fairly large. They don't just disappear from the box. It sounds to me like someone stole them from the box while it was sitting on Home Depot's shelf, or else someone returned the chain saw to Home Depot with the battery missing and HD put it back out on the shelf without checking it.

I would be curious to know the state of the packaging. Did the box look like it had been opened? Was everything else there, such as the manual in a sealed plastic bag? Was the chainsaw itself in a plastic bag?

I would start with Home Depot. Find out from the person who gave it to you which specific HD it was purchased from, go there with the chain saw and ask to talk to the manager. Take your friend with you if possible and see if HD can find a copy of the receipt. If the chain saw was bought with a credit or debit card this will take less than 10 seconds.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.