Nexus Power Station - Automatically Power On Upon Charger Power Loss

• Idea
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Under Consideration
I purchased the 2000W Nexus Power Station inverter "generator" to use as a backup power source to run some electronic equipment that I must maintain power to in the event of a blackout.  For this purpose it works great and luckily we have few power outages and when we do they are short.  I purchased a 15A auto-transfer switch which I put in front (on the source side) of an APC UPS (which is our current power outage solution and works well for about 20 minutes of runtime) so that when the power trips the auto transfer switch will automatically move the source from "shore" power to the Nexus.  This would work well if the Nexus could sense that it lost power (it is always plugged in to maintain and charge the batteries which we use with our Ego power tools) and automatically turn itself on and enable the 120V outlets.  Could this feature be added in a firmware update?  Right now I have to physically press the power button and then the button to enable the outlets.  I can't even remotely power it on through the app when the charger loses power; someone has to physically press the power button.  I realize this may be by design for safety reasons, but could you enable through the app, perhaps with warnings/disclaimer and waiver which you must accept about whatever reason you may have to not allow this feature?  I would be happy to be a beta tester for this type of feature.
Photo of Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 87,160 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Some good ideas Kevin.  I would really like the ability to control the power station on/off etc thru the app. 
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 7,968 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Great ideas! This sounds like it may also work as battery backup for a sump pump?