Nexus Escape - Compatibility? fun stuff to do?

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Under Consideration
Hello all,

I just bought a Nexus Escape, considering that I am the proud owner of 4 ego batteries, I thought why not?  But now I want to find out if anyone has any kind of general compatibility list / great ideas / etc that works with this device?  

For instance, I tried

- TVs (couldn't get anything more than 30 inch to work, but maybe because they are older flat screen tvs.  Any TV specs / max specs that anyone has gotten to work on this?)

- Speakers (Works well with my small computer speakers, does anyone have any really large speakers / subwoofers they can vouch works with this?)

- Fans (all of my fans -except- for USB fans worked in very weird ways, either they made really loud noises or they simply worked much less efficiently.  After digging I found out that a lot of 'motor' based items won't function 100% properly.  Anyone have any fans or fan specs that work well with this?  I'm afraid I'll be stuck with using USB fans for now)

- Laptop (works as advertised, but I'm not sure if this thing can power a high demand gaming laptop yet)

With that out of the way, does anyone have any cool uses for this that work really well?  For instance, are there any low power draw cooking devices that would really shine with this for camping / power outages?  (I'm thinking small rice cookers or induction cookers) Any neat or weird things that work with this would be nice!

I just want more excuses to play with my Nexus, honestly.  Thanks everyone!
Photo of Gut

Gut

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Ego-tistical

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 99,218 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
yes, the variable speed motor of fans does not play well with the nexus.

some more discussion - likes and dislikes here
https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/very-disappointed-with-the-new-nexus-inverter-returnin...

Photo of Gut

Gut

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I totally missed the content of that post somehow, thanks for pointing it in my direction
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Happy to do so - that's the way we roll around here
Photo of CANbike

CANbike

• 350 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
DC motors work well with the Nexus Escape (modified sine wave). AC motors may have problems with the modified sine wave depending on the quality of the wall wart.

Look for hybrid/dual power fans from power tool companies (Dewalt, Makita, Milwaukee, Ridgid, Ryobi, etc). They run off of both 18V batteries and 120V.

I've tested Nexus Escape with Ryobi, Milwaukee, and Ridgid fans. Variable speed works, and no humming.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Good call CANbike.
My Ryobi LED flood light (that works on AC or DC) works well with my Ego Nexus Escape. 
My AC drop light had issues.