Nexus Battery Percentage readings from App

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • In Progress
I recently purchased the Nexus Portable Power Station. I put four 7.5AH batteries in it and the App showed "94%, 93%, 93%, and 93%" for the batteries after being in the station for 36+ hours.  Three of the batteries were brand new (two came withe the Nexus of course), one a year or so old. 
Is this to be expected?  Is there a certain percentage point (90%?) where Ego considers the batteries "fully charged"?
Photo of Robert Affleck

Robert Affleck

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Erik

Erik

• 10,306 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I'll check mine again but pretty sure mine say full when idle.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 66,702 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Robert, no indication as to charge percentage when you first loaded them on? Or didn't check then? I wonder if the inverter has some "parasitic loads" that could be slowly draining the batteries. 
Photo of Robert Affleck

Robert Affleck

Here is a screenshot from the App.  Maybe between 90 and 100% is "fully charged".  

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 66,370 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Oh, you were charging the batteries?
Photo of Robert Affleck

Robert Affleck

It is my understanding that the Nexus charges the batteries when it is plugged in,at a slower pace than the rapid charger, and one at a time, lowest charged battery first.  Some of the batteries were already "charged" by a fast charger when I put them in the Nexus, but then when I check the App it reported the 93%, etc.  I just think Ego may need to clarify this in a FAQ or similar.
Photo of Robert Affleck

Robert Affleck

Update.  Checked the Nexus with the App and batteries the App still reported the same 94/93 percentage as before. I unplugged the Nexus and used it to power a vacuum for several minutes.  All four batteries were drained down to around 75%.  I then plugged the Nexus back in, waited several hours for charging, and now the App is reporting 100%!  Nice.   

So I am guessing that if you put a battery into a Nexus that already has a fairly high  charge level, the Nexus's charging algorithm is to leave it alone.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 100,994 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Same system on the stand alone chargers.
If battery is some high percent charged the charger will not initiate a charge.
Photo of Robert Affleck

Robert Affleck

Got it.  Now that we have an App to check our battery levels Ego needs to have a FAQ about it.  People love to see 100%. :-)  (One battery was in use elsewhere)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,468 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
This will be handy! People have been confused by the chargers not charging their batteries since the beginning. You need to have some significant use on the batteries before the charger will top them back up.

With the Nexus we should be able to see what that magic % number is before the batteries will charge again.