New Trimmer Handle

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Under Consideration
Thought I'd pass along some info about a product I've been using....maybe kinda cool. And in advance I'm not affiliated in any way with it. It's called the Darwin Trimmer Handle. It allows you to stand more upright while trimming. I'm 6' 2" and trimming can be a literal pain in the back after a while.

For the last two days I've been running the power head trimmer with Darwin attatched...about 6 hours or there abouts. I fought it for the first hour trying to run the trimmer how I normally would....made my trigger hand ache and handle arm forearm strain.
I then started to go with the handle....relax my arms and shoulders and start to think about standing straight and being smooth. Kinda starting to grow on me.

Anyhow it isn't cheap and it does add weight to the machine but it maybe the answer for guys who bend over during trimming.

Jeremy
Photo of bigfootcountry

bigfootcountry

• 4,302 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 177,608 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Very interesting take on a trimmer handle.  This fella explains a little about why it works for him, and states he needed an adjustment period as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIfUzABSDuM

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 82,554 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
reminds me a bit of egos bicycle handle they sell in the uk
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 177,608 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
True!
Photo of Fernando

Fernando

• 274 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I welcome the bicycle handle trimmer Ego.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 82,554 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately, at this time, you will need to take a European vacation or pay Mower Magic the shipping costs.