bigfootcountry

• 2,792 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

• 4,466 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Indeed it's brusheless

https://www.rcpw.com/i/products/900/EGO_ST1534_1.jpg

It looks alot like the Power head since its a rear motor, but without the interchangeable attachements.  It's a straight shaft as well.

Getting the EGO MHC1502 is a much better buy IMHO since its the same price, but you get the edger as well.
(Edited)
Photo of Lehigh Lawn Pros

Lehigh Lawn Pros

• 3,462 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi Guys,
 Though the ST1504 resembles the PowerHead it seems that the motor output is different,
apparently 1,200 watts for the ST1504, and 2,000 watts for the PowerHead.

The ST1504 should be a little lighter than the PowerHead though, and more capable than the basic 15" trimmer.

Bob
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 158,960 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
And I’m sure the ST1504 is still plenty powerful. The Powerhead is overkill powerful for a string trimmer.
Photo of bigfootcountry

bigfootcountry

• 2,762 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Glad it's brushless and the mid level power is probably a good thing. I'm ordering another multi tool set tonight and may throw this one in also. I don't have the experience Bob has but three levels of power is a good thing...and it spins the correct direction without modification.

I consider the standard trimmer as on the low side power wise but adequate. The multi tool head is on the high end power wise thus heavier battery usage. This one may be the nice middle ground with power/run time. I'm talking myself into buying it.

Now ego needs to bring the backpack battery kit over here.

Off to mow.

Jeremy
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 61,118 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Jeremy
Just making sure you are aware of the battery back pack that is available in the US.
https://egopowerplus.com/collections/power-batteries-chargers/products/ego-power-backpack-link
Although I think you are and were hoping for the massive one only available in EU/UK.  As that one is not truly an Ego product, but made by another division of Chervon that does not operate in the US, I do not think that version will be coming to the US.
Photo of bigfootcountry

bigfootcountry

• 2,762 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Yep....ordered last week...should have it today. 7.5 is still really light on a backpack frame so hoping for an even larger battery. Ego has the potential to dominate this market.....Prius didn't even exist just a pretty short time ago and now dominate all sales of hybrid cars plus are their own brand. The other main players as of now are not competitive so if Ego continue to press introducing products for consumer and professional alike they maybe the only real name in electric yard care products.

Their battery technology is superior.

Back to work.

Jeremy
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 158,960 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
A dual or triple battery version of the backpack link sure would be nice to see for commercial customers. The batteries could load from the side and sit three high up the backpack. It would surely weigh less than a commercial gas backpack blower.

Three 7.5Ah batteries would last longer than most people would, even with high power tools like the edger.
Photo of Lehigh Lawn Pros

Lehigh Lawn Pros

• 3,462 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I just bought a second PH1400 PowerHead.

The way some of my customers over-fertilize I need the overkill power, and I'm used to
running a 23" cutting swath!

Dual or triple battery backpack would be sweet, maybe with a sequential charger built right in.

Bob