New product registration website lost old registrations?

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
I just purchased a new power head attachment (The Cultivator) and went to the Ego Website to register it. When I did, the website forced me to change my password and "migrate" my account to their new system.

Unfortunately, when I did, under the list of tool registrations was only my lawnmower (I used to have all my Ego Tools listed as registered in the old website).  I registered the cultivator successfully, and sent Ego a support request via the Web to please find and migrate all of my other registration data across.

This is just a heads up that you might want to check your registration data with the ego website and make sure that they have everything they are supposed to after the migration to the "new" system.
Photo of summetj

summetj

• 9,938 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 16,058 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Thanks; checked and all mine are intact.
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 8,846 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
All of my receipt acknowledgements are there. I don't recall ever seeing the image I uploaded to the site on these pages though. All my tools are there though. Are you sure you haven't registered under two different accounts and your tools are listed on the other account? I seem to recall the old site had some auto-login features with Goggle+ and Facebook that caused me to enter one time under a new/wrong account. I had to logout and enter the correct account email address. 

Just for safe keeping I decided to do a copy/paste into a spread sheet  just in case they would get lost. Also, I believe HD keeps the original receipts which everyone might want to download onto their computer/device for future needs.
Photo of summetj

summetj

I have only ever logged in with a single account (my own email and password, not using a 3rd party login), and all of my tools were listed there before the data migration.

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 53,726 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
This also happened to me.  It was a real PITA finding my receipts and re-registering everything. 
Photo of summetj

summetj

I do have all of my old receipts scanned, but I'm hoping that Ego can fix it so that I don't have to re-enter everything myself....
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

• 3,604 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I had HD email my recipient so I won’t loos it, makes it a lot easier to retrieve
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 16,058 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
My receipts were scanned and I kept those files I uploaded.
Photo of GoPackGo

GoPackGo

• 198 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I had /have kind of similar issue registering my newly bought String trimmer.
i bought Lawn mower and string trimmer few days ago. I was able to add /register my Lawn mower successfully but not the string trimmer. I did create a case for the same.
Here is my post
https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/unable-to-register-the-product

Photo of summetj

summetj

I haven't heard back from Ego after a week, so I just sat down and re-registered all of my tools, which was a bit of a chore.