New mower kit now available

• Announcement
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

We are pleased to announce that we are now offering a mower kit with a 7.5 Ah battery included.  Now available online only at homedepot.com here: thd.co/1IDHpw4
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,868 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
  • Excited

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,374 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Nice!

How is this going to work in the future with the current 4Ah mower kit discounted to $399? Are there plans to offer other mower/battery combos as well? Understood if this is all secret stuff as of right now. :-)

Also, any plans for us North of the border?

Hi Blue, no new kit options that we know about for now but you never know what the future will hold for next season.  

Canadian availability is due for 2016 in select stores.  We're so sorry for the delay!
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

At this point in the season a 2016 launch is no problem for someone looking at a new mower purchase.

As long as we're talking spring 2016, that is! ;-)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 53,324 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

That's a very sweet deal.  That will be a deal breaker for people on the fence with other brands :).  Always go with the best Battery.  Love it.

Can you clue us in on the new fins on the bottom of the front of the mower?  I know they don't adversely change the mower from the ones we all have, but I'm curious what they improve on?  I'm very glad to see continued product development and improvements.

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Sweet indeed when compared to the Midwest Mower Pro package with the 5Ah battery for $599.
Photo of JoeJ

Joe

• 610 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Perhaps the new fins at the front-bottom act like a bumper guard, to keep the mower from rolling over objects that would damage the cutting blade while still allowing grass to freely flow past.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 53,324 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That's probably right.  Makes sense.
Photo of Sundar

Sundar

• 70 Points
What is this new mower kit ? what is walk behind mower means?
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 53,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
"Walk Behind" simply means a push mower verses self-propelled or riding mower.  Everything is the same as the other mower kits,  This one just offers the new 7.5ah battery, which is a great battery.

Sundar, the kit is the same EGO Power+ mower that's been on the market but now with the 7.5Ah battery bundled with it.  Previously, the mower was only bundled with the 4.0Ah battery.  A walk behind mower is a standard non-self-propelled mower.  Hope this helps!
(Edited)
Photo of Sundar

Sundar

• 70 Points

thanks for the quick responses

Photo of William Roy Hupert

William Roy Hupert

• 316 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I just saw the new kit on HD. Priced at 649.00 here in FL. That's 200.00 more than the 4 amp kit. For the price difference I would rather have another 4 amp battery as a backup. Just saying. Never did like to put all my eggs in one basket.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

That's what I did a year ago.  I'm not sorry about it either.  Great way to go.

William Roy Hupert

Great minds think alike:)
Photo of JoeJ

Joe

• 610 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have to agree with this.  While the new battery doubles the run time, it also doubles the charge time.  While I can't imagine needing to use the EGO mower for 80 minutes straight, with two 4 amp batteries you can always have one of them recharging while the other is being used, which would allow you to mow without interruption (minus the minute performing the battery swap) for an unlimited duration.

And (like William said) you don't run the risk of depending on just one battery.

I see this as more of a way for EGO to stomp out any concerns about run time at a quick glance/score some points in next year's mower roundup reviews.
(Edited)

William Roy Hupert

Very well said Joe. I wonder how many great minds are on here?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Can't argue that logic... I was just in Home Depot in Watertown NY and saw the Ego mower discounted to $399 (as discussed here before).

At that price you could buy the mower kit and spare 4Ah battery for $600, which is $50 less than the 7.5Ah Kit.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Can't argue that logic.  I'm sort of with William on not leaving all of my eggs in one basket, or in this case, battery.  I had a battery go bad this year, and luckily I had the spare 4Ah and two 2Ah hour batteries from my other tools.  With those extra batteries ready to go I had no problem finishing my lawn work while I had a warranty replacement on the way.  If I had only one battery, I would have been out of action for a week.  So William, you are definitely one of the great minds  :)
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 65,198 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'll second the request for more information about the new fins at the front of the mower.

Everyone, we love your attention to detail!  As you know, we are always looking for continuous improvement.  The new "fins" you see at the bottom of the mower are there to help prep the grass for cutting.  (Like using a clipper at the barber shop.)
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 36,892 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Is this the current design for all versions of the mower now?
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

You know, I thought about that too.  For tall grass, to keep the tips lined up and not flopping over. 
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

David, my guess is it applies to all mowers leaving the assembly line.  They are all off of the same line, but with different batteries.  We might not see them in the channel for a few months.  Have to FIFO out the inventory.
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Looks like a similar but much more subtle approach than that used on Bosch mowers overseas:

The revised Ego for comparison:
Photo of Daniel

Daniel

• 60 Points
Well if that's been modified, I wonder if they've modified the clips on new machines yet. I'm probably going to get a replacement mower next spring because I've abused my current one (waist high grass, too wet grass, left it out in the rain once and accidentally tried to mow rocks a few to many times) and am starting to have problems (shocking, I know). Kinda hoping there will be a 2.0 version available when I'm ready to purchase.
Photo of Eric  From

Eric From

• 392 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have used my mower in rough terrain and everything still looks new.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.