New LM2102SP owner (question / concern)

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I just got this unit yesterday and i would like to ask few questions ..

Unit is purchased @ Home Depot (Canada), i see that there are 2 new versions out (metal body + 2x 5 Batteries), should i consider any of these 2 instead of what i bought?

Another question ... for some reason i am unable to move my mower backwards, appears that wheels are locked after i release 'gas pedal' , is this normal?

Please advise
Photo of celavakosa

celavakosa

• 216 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Paul Christenson

Paul Christenson

• 6,174 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Yes...this is normal...in your operator's manual page 35

Mower is difficult to pull back when the self propel is turned off.

The wheels are temporarily locked.

◾Simply push ahead slightly and then move the mower as desired.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0262/2513/files/15-0910_EGO_LM2100SP_LM2100_56V_Lithium-ion_cordle...

Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 7,158 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Or simply let go of the self-propelled lever a little ahead of pulling it backwards. Took some time to get use to this but I don't even think about it now.
Photo of celavakosa

celavakosa

Thanks Michael, probably i just need some time to get used to it. At first i thought something was wrong with the mower, this is why i decided to register on the forum and ask before contacting support. 
Photo of celavakosa

celavakosa

Thank you Paul very much for pointing this out and providing the link to pdf file.

Do you have any suggestions for new units, or stick to this one?

I did not see / notice any problems, i cannot really complain (this is my first lawn mower in my life (new house owner), so, i really can't comment much about it :)
Photo of celavakosa

celavakosa

Thank you very much for this Paul.

Do you have any suggestions / recommendations how to keep this thing clean? I must be honest and say that i used it today, but, did not do any cleaning. I do not think this is recommended practice. Should i just wipe it with cloth, or should i use any " special " sprays or similar to it to clean / protect it?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 164,780 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Cleaning under the deck will depend on your grass and how much it sticks. I only need to clean mine 2-3 times per season, and I just use a plastic scraper so I don’t scratch the deck.

Some people use sprays of varying types to make cleaning easier. If you’re interested you can do a little searching and lots of suggestions will come up.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Cleaning under the deck will depend on your grass and how much it sticks. I only need to clean mine 2-3 times per season, and I just use a plastic scraper so I don’t scratch the deck.

Some people use sprays of varying types to make cleaning easier. If you’re interested you can do a little searching and lots of suggestions will come up.
Photo of celavakosa

celavakosa

Thank you! Will do some cleaning today :) I will also do re-search to see what kind of sprays people use.

Big thanks for all of your help guys / girls, truly Appreciated! 
Photo of celavakosa

celavakosa

Does anybody have a info on when these new units :
LM2142SP and LM2022SP will be available in Canada (HomeDepot?)

Thanks
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I do not, however you can try iGoCordless and Union Wheel, both of which are Authorized Ego Retailers in Canada and both carry a wide selection of Ego gear.
Photo of celavakosa

celavakosa

Big thanks for this!

Now going to read some reviews to see if i should exchange current machine with any of these 2 :/ :)