New Ego Mower/Blower Commercials

• Praise
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Ego has a new mower commercial that was just released on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14VbHpALBT8

Cool animations and highlights the upright storage capability - nice!

They also take the time to show an exploded view of the battery and take a short moment to describe the patented features of the packs... a GREAT first step.

I can only hope that once they have a commercial for each individual tool they take the time to make a commercial which focuses on ONLY the battery and charging systems.  These are the core strength of the tools and the reason this lineup is so far advanced beyond its competition.

They also released a blower commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3_08mdYETg

Bring it on, Ego!  Fire up that marketing machine and don't hold back!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,360 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
  • relieved

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Wayne

Wayne

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Good to see that mower is water resistant
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,088 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Blue Angel, you are fast!  I was going to post an announcement about our new commercials but you beat me to the punch.  We love the feedback.  Keep it coming! We'll be sure to pass along your request for just a battery and charging system commercial.  Great idea!
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 55,056 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Jennifer,

It's a really well done commercial.  I wish you could throw up a small screen in front of your mower at the stores that loops this commercial.   Talk about a sales tool.

Photo of SteveM

SteveM

• 366 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I'd love to see that, too. My problem is that of the five (yes, 5) of my local HDs that I visited this weekend, NOT A ONE OF THEM HAS AN EGO MOWER ON DISPLAY!! In fact, none of them even have one in stock. As I mentioned in an earlier post a few days ago, the department manager at the biggest of the 5 locals said that it was his understanding that ALL Ego mower inventory was being eliminated at all (his words) south Florida stores. No model to look at, no product to purchase. Online only.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Commercials for the new 15" string trimmer models are up.

Straight shaft:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miqwfnLoiec

Hinged Shaft:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcoyA2IobJE

They appear to be the same commercial, but both are uploaded to YouTube as different items?  Not sure why that is?  Nice commercial though!
Photo of Jean-Guy Lepage

Jean-Guy Lepage

• 826 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I made littles videos on YouTube before I buy the tools for french people https://youtu.be/Ar6KWoQpd-c for the mower and you can see others videos by clicking on my name.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Wow, nice job!  Were there no French Ego videos on YouTube?
(Edited)
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,088 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We don't have any French EGO videos yet on YouTube.  It's something we're going to work toward in the future.  Jean-Guy, thank you so much for sharing these with us.
Photo of Jean-Guy Lepage

Jean-Guy Lepage

It's a pleasure to share with peoples

I bought the mower, the string trimmer and the blower three weeks ago, but the grass is not ready to cut and the weather in Quebec in no good.

I look forward to using my EGO Tools.

Photo of Jean-Guy Lepage

Jean-Guy Lepage

I try my EGO chains saw this weekend.

I cut all this wood in about 15 minutes, great product.

Photo of Jean-Guy Lepage

Jean-Guy Lepage

And with this picture, I won a gift card at Home Depot with the contest on #EGOMowments

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Nice car - I'm jealous!!!

Step one for me was cutting grass using batteries. Step two, I hope, will be driving to work using batteries as well!
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Blue, I'm with you brother. But on part 2?  We aren't anywhere near what I consider battery friendly with cars.  We will need a breakthrough for them to be economically and ecologically friendly.  All of those batteries in today's cars is..  well..   The best part about electric cars is that torque applied to all 4 wheels.  0 to 60 in under 4 seconds.  Yeah, I can handle that.

Wonder what happened to all of that talk in the 80's from Detroit about Hydrogen Fuel Cells.  I remember a 60 minutes segment 20 years on it, that they had it working.  Maybe oil companies kept that from ever coming to market.

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I personally think Hydrogen was used in the late 90's as a diversion tactic while all momentum behind electric vehicles was crushed. Someone didn't like how successful electric was looking and decided hydrogen, though completely impractical and decades away from production, was the "better" thing to do.

Only today are the first hydrogen cars available in California, and they are still years, maybe decades, away from mass production/adoption. They are prohibitively expensive to build, the hydrogen they consume is prohibitively expensive to produce and store in large quantities, and there's no supply infrastructure.

On the other hand, the electricity supply infrastructure exists everywhere already. Not only that, but since the vast majority of electric car charging happens over night when demand on the grid is at its lowest, it wouldn't place additional loads on the grid.

I had the pleasure of working for Transport Canada for a year when I first moved to Ottawa. I was the Fleet Manager for a small fleet of Eco vehicles imported for testing. We had all kinds of different cars from Europe and Japan; a diesel VW Polo, a diesel Honda Accord wagon, Smart cars with auto start-stop, we even had a Tesla Roadster (what a BLAST that was to drive!).

I got to use a Japanese spec Mitsubishi iMiEV for a week as a personal vehicle, we had to accumulate meage on them before testing at Environment Canada took place. On a 120V 15A regular outlet, I could charge that car over night, about 12-13 hours, from fully depleted to full which is about 120km (75miles) range, depending on diving type and environment (much less in really cold weather, for example).

That little Mitsu was a super cheap feeling car with an absolutely brilliant drivetrain. Would I buy one? No, but if it was a second vehicle for a family who had one person commuting short distances it would be perfect, especially for those short trips to the store where gas cars get HORRIBLE mileage.

For those in rural areas or with longer commutes the iMiEV would just not work. At all.

My personal favorite is the Chevy Volt, which has enough battery capacity for something like 90% of the North American public to do something like 80% of their driving on electricity, and packs a gasoline engine for those times when you need to go farther. The next gen Volt coming out next year offers 50 miles of electric range, which would be enough for me to commute to work and back twice on one charge.

I completely agree that battery electric cars are not there yet when it comes to covering the needs of the entire driving public as a primary vehicle. But as a secondary vehicle I would argue they are mostly there now, the only disclaimer to that being whether the cost comparison makes sense, and that will differ for each individual situation.

For me, the Volt would have been perfect if it was a bit cheaper. The concept is right on the mark, in my opinion, it's just a matter of crunching the numbers to see if it makes sense on an individual level. For me, I just don't drive enough to justify the cost, but as the technology gets better as well as more affordable, maybe my next car in 5-7 years will be electric in some way.

These are exciting times to be a car enthusiast, for sure, especially for geeks like me. :-)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Ok, completely off topic.  Are you a Top Gear BBC fan?  Those cars they get to test out.  The Electric Porche was a dream.   (Favorite episode is when they had to drive the Lorry across the barren lands).
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Yes, much better than the TG USA version!

The shows are pure entertainment, not too factual but fun to watch. We'll see where they go with the new cast.
Photo of Jean-Guy Lepage

Jean-Guy Lepage

I really love my Chevrolet Volt.

I have my car for 2 years I have a consumption of about 2.0L/100km or 115MPG... not so bad :-) 

I have an average of about 85% all electric.

Never go back to a gas car
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Blue,

I'm dismayed that they got rid of the lead actor.  Everything is so darned PC now.  I mostly enjoy Hayes, my god he's funny.

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Jean-Guy, when I was at transport Canada we took our cars to the Blainville test track for testing. Here's an article about the group and the cars, and me driving the Roadster on the handling course:

http://auto.lapresse.ca/auto-ecolo/20...

I had a lot of fun doing that job!

85% electrique dans le Volt - fantastique!
Photo of Jean-Guy Lepage

Jean-Guy Lepage

Great !!!!

In winter is was near 65 to 70% but in the summer is near 95%

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

As a Volt owner you may have heard about Bourgeois Chevrolet, they are the model dealer for selling the Volt and are in Quebec:

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1...
Photo of Jean-Guy Lepage

Jean-Guy Lepage

Definitely, I know Bourgeois Chevrolet,

I speak with one of the owner this summer in a electric event. They know the Volt like no other dealer.

It's was just a little too far to take my car there for maintenance :-(