New ego LM2100 purchase (March 2018) shows serial number date January 2016

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Hi Purchased the Ego mower LM2100 today, noticed the date listed after the product serial number was January 2016, concerned I just bought a 2 yr old model
Photo of Darrell Kearns

Darrell Kearns

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,500 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
The LM2100 has not had any features added or changes to its construction.  That is the current version of that model.
Photo of Bud Bud

Bud Bud

• 466 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I just purchased mine and says the same thing. Used it once and everything seems just fine so far. We'll see in 90 days
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I've bought tools that had a year or two on them before they met me, and they work just fine, but with blowers, I prefer to get them while they're fresh.  The EDFs are generally more balanced when they haven't been left to sit for a while in my experience.
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 10,056 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
The date on my mower was January 2017. As long as it's not an open box and you make sure you register the products with EGO for warranty...you should be fine. I suspect we all buy products that were manufactured a year or two ago...we just don't know because not all manufactures put a date stamp on their products.
Photo of Howard Halstead

Howard Halstead

• 1,008 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I purchased LM2101 last fall (October 2017) and the dates on the mower, battery and charger were all dated October 2015 (2 years old). Where have these mowers been sitting? I purchased an EGO blower about the same time, the dates were from the spring. What happened with the EGO LM2101 mowers?