New Ego Display at Home Depot

• Praise
  • Updated 4 years ago
Just noticed my local Home Depot has remodeled the outdoor power tools aisle, grouping all of the handheld Ego tools together in one display:

Great to see a full assortment of equipment, parts, and accessories in stock and easy to find... and yes, that empty hook in the middle DOES say it will hold Ego batteries!
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 36,892 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,374 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sweet! Even though it seems to be dedicated to cordless tools in general (Echo is next door) it's still a massive leap above anything I've seen for an Ego display before.

In stores near me, Ryobi has a massive spread against the end wall, Echo has a very prominent end cap display, and the Ego tools are scattered one here, one there...
Photo of Rob

Rob

• 9,052 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Nice...but I don't know if that's good or bad. The echo tools are definitely going to catch your eye first. This was something I mentioned in my mower improvement thread. That gray is soooo...I don't....drab. It need some personality.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 65,198 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
To be accurate, in the other thread you said the gray was too bright. Now it's too drab. You're like my girlfriend with these mood swings!

I kind of like how the light gray sets off the green and yellow accents. Other companies already have orange (B&D), red (Echo), blue (Kobalt), yellow (Ryobi) and green (Deere). Maybe EGO could have gone with purple.
(Edited)
Photo of Rob

Rob

• 9,052 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Just to put that 'bright' thing to bed....it was said to be too bright as in it was an inappropriate color in my opinion...just as I've said here. You took it to mean what you wanted it to mean. I didn't mean it needed to be a dark gray but a totally different color.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

Yikes. It would probably have to be vastly superior to everything else on the market for purple power tools to sell. I honestly think pink might do better!
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I like the color scheme although in my opinion, the blue and black of the Kobalt is the best looking scheme.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,374 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Speaking of personality, I think the Echo mower could use a little Cheez Whiz.
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
That looks like the Buford Home Depot...I saw it this morning and it looks identical to your pic lol
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

Wow, small world!

Yes, that is the Buford Home Depot. I assume that this is a standard configuration, perhaps one of several, that should appear nearly identical in dozens of stores.

Home Depot has come a long way from the days where each store manager could set up any display however they wanted, sometimes even local products that weren't available in any other stores. So what you see in one store should be very similar in many others, perhaps with slight variation.
Photo of Dominic49

Dominic49

• 2,676 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Enough of us on this thread recognize the Bufurd Home Depot haha.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

Guess Ego must have the N. ATL market pretty well locked up then!

The reset must still be pretty early on because the Cumming store (yes, that is actually the town's name) had the marketing material up but no product on display yet.