New battery is in the charger for about a month. The 4LEDs on the charger are all blinking green, is this normal?

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Answered
I have a new replacement battery, and it's been in the charger for about a month. The 4LEDs on the charger are blinking green, the battery light is off. Is this normal?
Photo of Dave Zanini

Dave Zanini

• 70 Points

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Warren

Warren

• 60 Points

Sounds like a warning of potential overcharge, the manual DOES say  to charge and remove when full.  Storage is best at less than full so the thing does not need to be hammered long term.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 70,794 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Per the manual it is in self maintenance mode which happens after a month of non use.

If you want to charge the battery - unplug the charger - remove the battery - replace the battery - plug in the charger.  The normal charge cycle should kick in.

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 166,430 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Bingo.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 2,360 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I would never leave battery on the charger that long nor in the tool.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 166,430 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ego’s batteries are designed to maintain themselves whether or not they’re left on the charger. If stored in any state for longer than 30 days they will self discharge to about 30% capacity for long term storage.
Photo of David M. Murphy

David M. Murphy

• 450 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I leave my batteries on chargers at all times, I am not using. After up to five years with one and over three years with other three. Never have any problems. These are lithium and that is reason I have never had a problem. Now my old type batteries for drills an such, I remove from chargers when charged, have never at a problem for 10 years or more.