New and Improved Snowblower Model

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
A lot of people on this forum have posted about the snow blower having problems and it seems to me that there are some flaws that warrant design modifications. I am in Texas and have no need for a snow blower, but I am concerned with what I am hearing about it, and I'll bet that other customers and EGO's staff are too. I would call for EGO or members of this forum to diagnose the problems and have them solved in the new model. Based on the things that I've seen in Jacob's posts, a new model is called for unless these are manufacturing errors, in which case they need to be corrected. EGO backs its products well, but it is neither fun for EGO nor fun for its customers when a unit stops working or doesn't work fresh out of the box.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,018 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

• 9,390 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I'm in agreement with you, but to be clear - all of our blowers are covered under warranty for 5 years.  This could easily be corrected by a recall, by sending out corrected units to replace any defective.  Granted, it won't be cheap for EGO, but it's probably going to have to happen if this turns out to be bigger than just a handful of bum units.

I'm confident EGO will get things sorted.  Being the weekend, it's easy for us to panic when we can't get any response since it's after business hours.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,018 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I certainly hope for all our sakes that it isn't more than just a handful of bum units.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,550 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I definitely don't think this warrants a new model, just an understanding of what's going wrong with (hopefully) just a certain number of units they've produced so far.
Photo of Deleted

Deleted

• 4,098 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Well with temps dropping from yesterday to today... It's gonna be a good day to test out the blower that's been sitting in the garage all night. The batteries have been inside. Let's see what happens!
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

So..?  How'd it go?
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

@Sparks Lawns - great to hear yours survived - nice!  Since you've done us all such a service, I won't beat you up for holding your phone wrong.  :)
Photo of Deleted

Deleted

I'm not an avid youtuber so it's a lesson learned. Next time I'll make it a 4k widescreen shot with lasers like in the star wars films =D
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

LOL!!!

Photo of Deleted

Deleted

Charlie!!!
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,132 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You can go to the video and have YouTube reorient the video. Edit video rotate
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

@Jacob - the video is already orientated correct on YouTube.  It was filmed in the wrong aspect ratio.  Not a big deal - I was just having some fun.  :)
(Edited)
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,132 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
There is no forgiving that. Sparks. We are going to have to reduce your pay from 0.00 to -1.00 per post lol
(Edited)