• (Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 112,218 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 79,568 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Szwoopp, your 2 links have sort of morphed into one so that doesn't work. 

Here's a link to the blower on EGO's site.

And a link to HD's site.

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 112,218 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the upgrade to my post Mike ;)
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 79,568 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We're all about the upgrades. GRIN.
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

• 5,432 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Gotta prepare my wallet for spring.. Its gonna cost me a chuck.  New select cut mower and now the blower... Damn you ego lol.
Photo of Warbird 2007

Warbird 2007

• 1,846 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I ordered the 650 cfm blower last Sunday, online only $398.00 with 5 amp battery and standard charger. I really do like the improved speed control feature and the idea of having a variable speed trigger. Will post review once I get to try it out.  
Any particular reason the NEW 650 cost less than the 580? 
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 77,216 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Introductory pricing? Home Depot's inexplicable pricing? All of the above? 
Photo of Jesse Allen

Jesse Allen

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Oh wow! I originally had the Milwaukee gen 2 blower. Then I brought the 21” SP mower kit that came with the 530 blower, liked it a lot so I sold the Milwaukee blower and then brought the 580 blower.
I’m excited to see reviews on this new 650 blower.
Photo of Warbird 2007

Warbird 2007

Not many reviews on the 650 as of yet, some mixed feelings about the run time. 
Was on the fence about getting this (because i couldn't make sense of Home Depot's pricing this cheaper than the previous model) but i bit the bullet and so far i LOVE it! have not yet depleted the battery which was my initial concern. The variable speed trigger is easy to get use to. Low speeds perfect for blowing out garage type areas and highs strong enough to move rocks! Found that i dont need that type of power on a constant basis.
I would say the only gripe i have so far is it doesn't come with a strap. If you hold this thing for any extended period of time you will need it. With that said, it was currently cheaper than thew Ego 600 CFM so the price of the strap for me was a wash.

Photo of Warbird 2007

Warbird 2007

Glad you are enjoying the new blower, the upgrades on this model are nice. I agree with you - the strap should be included as the weight of the 5 amp battery is considerably more than running with a 2.5 amp. You did get the extra 2 nozzles I hope. Thanks for the review - I am waiting for mine to come in.  
Photo of Jesse Allen

Jesse Allen

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I wonder how much it’ll be in Australia? It normally takes a few months for us to get new tools after the U.S gets them. I brought the 580CFM blower kitfor $580 AUD (blower, rapid charger & 5.0ah gen 2 battery with 2.5ah third gen battery by redemption).