New 575 CFM Blower

• Announcement
  • Updated 2 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

We're pleased to announce the newest addition to our handheld blowers. The 575 CFM blower comes with the much-anticipated nozzle and shoulder strap included.  There is now a lock-on trigger function as well!

http://egopowerplus.com/collections/power-blowers/products/power-575-cfm-blower
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Dominic49

Dominic49

• 2,676 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
so, many, blowers.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Never, too many, choices. ;-)

I'm happy to see Ego constantly pushing the envelope in an effort to stay ahead of the competition. It's harder to hit a moving target!

As far as "too many blowers" goes, take comfort in the fact that this 575 model appears to be mostly an upgrade to the existing 530 model, which undoubtedly is a much more efficient process from a product development point of view. This means less Engineering hours invested so more can go into cool new things like the soon-to-arrive multi-tool. :-)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,608 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Looks like I'm hoping for a tax refund.   The trigger lock is the big point for me.  I'm happy with my current blower, but the trigger lock is what I was waiting for.
Photo of Erik

Erik

• 10,488 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
SCDC, now they just need to revise the backpack blower to have one, ditch the safety switch on it and I'll order one haha
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Absolutely!
Photo of Bobryche

Bobryche

• 660 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
MMmmmm  Multi-tool  can't wait.
Photo of Tom Ginski

Tom Ginski

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes, the backpack needs the same controls as the 575cfm .. and ditch that childish 'TURBO' button .. I'd order the backpack too if these changes were made.
Photo of Steve Valdes

Steve Valdes

• 6,194 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Looks great; but I am not seeing what is different with the nozzle style from the picture. Please clarify.
Thanks!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Steve, the nozzle is an add-on component that flattens the airstream. It also fits the 530 cfm model:
Photo of Steve Valdes

Steve Valdes

• 6,194 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Ah yes...thanks for filling me in.
Photo of horvath.com

horvath.com

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is the 530 the first generation version?
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Nope. 2nd. This one is 3rd gen
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Next, we need to make a backpack blower just like the other one except with cruise control and bump up the power enough to bring the volume up past the 700 CFM mark.  I and the pros would like to see 750.  That would make the speed 181.25mph, enough to compete with gas powered professional models.  That would be about a 35 newton force, enough to match the Stihl BR700. 

A quick way to make the volume adjustable without making the power adjustable would be to add a ducted fan front attachment that is larger in diameter than the tube, and allows for air to come in the back side of the ducted fan and go out the front. This attachment can convert 750CFM at 181mph to 900CFM at 145mph, the bigger the diameter ducted fan, the slower the air speed and the higher the air volume, have one with double the cross-sectional area to convert 750CFM at 181mph to 1500CFM at 90mph.  Thus would be a quick and easy attachment. 
There is your ducted fan. Let the air's force spin the fan. 

I need a way to upload videos. I can further explain what I'm aiming at with a video that I just created.
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I think we'll see an adoption of multi-stage axial fans in cordless blowers at some point in the not too distant future. Much more practical to operate at the higher pressure ratios these high performing tools will demand.

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

All for that.  If I can't move my car using my bower out of the window, it's not powerful enough.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

The only thing I could find with the search "750 CFM Blower" was this.  I like it.

Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

https://youtu.be/_qBfRSUplk0 Here are further details on the backpack blower concept.

Blue, I suppose that's a possibility. Ryobi's 520CFM gas axial blower uses a 3 stage fan system.. Do note though that you can get 750CFM at 181mph in the 600CFM backpack blower just by making the fan spin faster, make it spin about 1.3 times its speed that delivers 600CFM at 145mph.

As far as jet engines go, I prefer ramjet over turbo jet, but you aren't going to be moving the leaf blower at mach 3 to make it operate.  I want to make an RC plane that uses ramjet.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

SCDC, just make a steel or titanium blower tube and put a petrol tank that leaks into the intake and an afterburner at the end of the tube.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

SCDC, that's when we'll see Ego rating their blowers in pounds of THRUST! :-)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Atom,

In snow making we call that the Venturi effect.  It works great.  Nice video, youngster.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

TAT, there's a limit to how fast you can spin a fan before you get into supersonic speeds, shockwaves and stuff. I'm no expert on that stuff, but maybe you could see how close we are by calculating fan tip velocity from RPM and diameter?

Oh, and if you go too far you'll tear the fan apart and end up with bits of shrapnel to pull out of your various fleshy bits. :-)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Blue, yeah.  Everything has a point to where it just breaks apart, either from vibrations or force.  I'm sure the EGO Blower could be pushed quite a bit beyond what it is set at.  For safety and durability, it's probably dialed down 10 to 20% of what it is capable. 

Nobody wants a product that breaks after a few uses, or is walking hazard.  I think EGO takes safety just a tad over the top on some things with too many activation checks/switches, but I guess with the average joe IQ dropping to prehistoric levels, it might be warranted.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I believe centripetal force increases as a square of the velocity, so even if Ego has a 100% safety factor built into the fan's structural design, it wouldn't take much of a speed increase to fail it. But for all I know the factor could be 1000%, all speculation. :-)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

The 530 gives roughly 1.5 to 1.6 kilograms of thrust.

Also, The tip speed of the fan is spinning at about 113 m/s at 24000RPM  Even if you double that, you're still subsonic. Also, if you're worried about max fan rpm, you can always make the fan out of aluminum. The JP fan can pass 80000RPM safely, but in order for that to work, the fan must be balanced very well. Many 90mm ducted fans for RC planes can pass 40,000 RPM, and the 530CFM EGO fan is a 90mm, so is the 480CFM's.  I should note, and not to bash EGO, that their fans are not all that well balanced compared to the higher-end fans sold for RC planes.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QahiKk0vlVE Here is a video of a 90mm JP fan in action. If you mind the frequency of the fan whistle, divide that by 12, and you have the number or revolutions per second. Mind the Doppler effect.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Dude, you can't compare the manufacturing of an injection molded plastic fan from a mass-produced leaf blower to a cnc machined billet aluminum fan from a bleeding edge high performance rc jet edf! Kinda apples and oranges, don't you think? ;-)

Some small turbochargers spin in excess of 200,000 rpm... probably beyond what ball bearings can handle.

That 90mm JP at 88,000 rpm has got a tip velocity of about 415 m/s, well into supersonic territory even before you consider the pressure/temperature drop at the fan inlet. Maybe it's not that big a deal, or they're just designing for it?

Pretty awesome looking plane! Incredible what electric RC has grown into since my days of wishing I could afford the "high" capacity yellow 1500 mAh Sanyo 7-cell packs instead of the plebeian red 1200 mAh Sanyos the poor kids ran! :-D
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

You guys have Engineering OCD
Photo of Dominic49

Dominic49

• 2,676 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
haha I have a feeling it is apart of some of our day jobs.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Selfie... :-/
(Edited)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

"Dude, you can't compare the manufacturing of an injection molded plastic fan from a mass-produced leaf blower to a cnc machined billet aluminum fan from a bleeding edge high performance rc jet edf! Kinda apples and oranges, don't you think? ;-)"

no, not really not when you've taken these apart before, but I do see where you're coming from. The fans weren't designed with such high tolerances in mind because they would drive the price up and they weren't really needed, so in a way, if I were "bashing EGO", it would be for an unjust reason. Additionally, JP fans are some of the finest on the market.  The only reason I brought it up is because I wouldn't recommend bringing the rotational velocity of the fans up beyond 30,000 or 40,000 RPM because the balance isn't really enough for the motor to handle it, assuming of course that the motor wouldn't fail as a result of too much current going through it, and that the motor might fail before the fan did.  

Finer tolerances will be needed for faster spinning fans, and I don't know how fine the tolerances are for the backpack blower, but bringing the fan's rotational velocity from 27,000 RPM to 35,000 RPM might require an increase in the tightness of manufacturing tolerances.  35000 RPM would be around what would be needed to push 750CFM at 181mph out of the LB6000 unit.  It's really only a few small manufacturing tweaks that would be required to accommodate this. The big question in my mind is how many watts will that require? note that the LB6000 is a 1000 watt unit.

SCDC, as far as engineering OCD goes, I'd hardly consider doing all the time what I love to do OCD, I call it following my heart, just like I love using the blower to blow stuff around as I observe the behavior of the air.  Anyone might think I have OCD because of how clean my yard ends up, but if I didn't enjoy it so much, I wouldn't be doing it.  Also, if you were just joking, sorry for ruining it.
(Edited)
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Aah.. jet engines. I miss the days on the flight line. If I got a leaf blower that had all those stages of compression, I would have to feed gasoline into the tip and light it, because with all that power, it would need afterburner. Where did all the leaves go you ask?
Photo of Michael Cook

Michael Cook

• 1,020 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Nice! I thought about hooking up the 530cfm model into the air intake on my Hyundai Veloster turbo. I think they both have the same amount of power...lol
Is this product coming to Canada?

If so, do you know when?

Soon I hope, I was going to buy an EGO blower, now I'll have to hold off.

Hi, unfortunately, Home Depot Canada has decided not to carry this blower, at this time. They will be concentrating on the 530 CFM blower.
Photo of Matt Arnott

Matt Arnott

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
If Home Depot has decided to not carry this blower is there anyway that we up in Canada can get this blower ?
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,294 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You should be able to get it on Amazon still. 
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I see the 530 cfm blower on Amazon's Canadian website but not the 575.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
As far as I know our only option to buy the 575 is to get it from the US.
Photo of Matt Arnott

Matt Arnott

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have looked on Amazon and am still not having much luck.  It really sucks that Home Depot gets to decide what I can or cannot buy !  I would think that EGO would have an online store or something at this point so that people like myself can order what they want when they want
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Ego + Online Store = Huge Win! :-)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

EGO should do what Greenworks did -- make it so you could order directly from them.
Photo of thomas h ginski

thomas h ginski

• 450 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I suspect all this chatter is falling on intentionally 'deaf' ears.
Photo of Amber F.

• 68,294 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
On the contrary: we're getting all of this loud and clear. 
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,828 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
As long as you aren't harming anyone, I say enjoy your OCD--embrace it!
Photo of Chris Poulsen

Chris Poulsen

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Does anyone have any insight as to why the blower's release date keeps getting delayed? I originally went to purchase it at home depot towards the end of January as it was stated to be available per their website. It has been continuously delayed a week at a time since then. Thanks!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Chris, they were available, The Atom Twister already bought one and posted a review. Maybe they sold out and are waiting for a new delivery?
Photo of Chris Poulsen

Chris Poulsen

Hey Blue Angel, thanks for the response. In his post, the Atom Twister said it "arrived" so I was under the impression he had it shipped to him. I don't think he purchased it in store. That being said, even the date for "ship to home" has been continuously pushed back on the HD website since the first announcement.

This blower is in stock and is currently shipping. We're looking into why there seems to be a delay showing on the website but I can confirm that they are in the warehouse and ready to go out immediately.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,658 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yeah Jen.  I was looking and their shipping shows 10+ days out for me.
Photo of Chris Poulsen

Chris Poulsen

Great Jen - thanks! I'm trying to figure out if they are going to be in store at any point. I believe the HD website now states not sold in stores (at least in my area - TX). This was surprising to me.

Looks like this blower is going to be online only for the foreseeable future.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Well, I plan on purchasing another one of these 575 units.  They definitely are alluring to an electric lawn guy.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Why another one or why are they alluring to an electric lawn guy?
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Why another one, are you a gunslinger? 
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

No, I'm a blowerslinger, and the fastest one around.  I'll blow you away and leave a clean yard behind.

Basically I can get jobs done a lot faster with 1150 CFM at 120mph than I could with 575 CFM at 120mph.  Also, there is a high degree of probability that I will have someone working with me in my lawn business.
(Edited)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Ok, you guys like math.  How many 575 CFM blowers would it take to move a 1.1 ton car on a level surface?  I've always been curious about this.  I know that there isn't much thrust with these things, but it still fascinates me.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

It depends on the friction involved. If the surface was completely frictionless, then you would need just one, but the car would accelerate extremely slowly. Each 575 unit puts out about 17.5 Newtons or about 1.78 kilograms (about 3.9 pounds) of thrust.  550 of these blowers would put out enough force to make the car hover in the air.  In order to know how many it would take to make the car move, you'd need to how many pounds of force it would take to make the car move, assuming that the parking brake is off of course.
(Edited)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Actually, if you made the car battery powered, EDFs at the back and sides would give you an excellent advantage in drag races if you can get the fans spinning fast enough.  An extra 10000 Newtons (enough to get one ton from 0 to 60 in 2.7 seconds if there is no friction and no air drag) of force from air would give you a tremendous start. You could get that from 200 high-thrust EDFs and a giant battery in place of the engine.
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Two. One to inflate the car-sized hovercraft skirt around it, the other to provide thrust. :-)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Yeah, if that's the case, it's theme song will be "Hovercar, hovercar, goes so slow"
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I was thinking more along the lines of, "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, we love you!"

Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Put a large EDF powered by its own miniature arc reactor and retractable wings made of titanium and a bunch of missiles and lasers on it and you have Iron man's Ironmobile.  Oh yeah, and put a bigass afterburner on the back.
(Edited)
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

• 5,422 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I am really disapointed in the EGO production/marketing especially up here in Canada.  I wanted to change my 530CFM to the newer 575CFM model and  just read that Home depot canada decided not to carry it.  I called a few specialized resellers here in Quebec and ALL of them have NO CLUE what I am talking about.  It's as if they dont even know what EGO is.  I give them the part number and all they can find is the old 530cfm model.  

Cmon Ego you got loyal fans here just wanting to buy youre product and it's impossible to find.  What is wrong.  I am tired of making trips to the USA to try to get youre stuff.

Heck I just got a call back from a hardware store that I found on youre WHERE to BUY (from youre website) and the guy just told me they dont even carry EGO products (He didnt even know what EGO was at first)
(Edited)
Photo of Tom Ginski

Tom Ginski

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Absurd that you must travel to another country to purchase their product .. Home Depot in not the answer.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Yeah, people in Canada are missing out and are getting upset about it.
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

• 5,422 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
From what I hear now is that the Canadian Ditributor for Ego product (dont remember it's name) decided not to carry the 575CFM blower.

I mean who is he to decide what canadians want from EGO??  Our market might be different and a WHOLE LOT SMALLER than in the states but if EGO made the brand more accessible everyone would benifit from this.

In Canada NO ONE KNOWS WHAT EGO IS.  When I tell them about EGO they reply ``ECHO??``
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Yeah, if Home Depot Canada will not sell EGO then someone else in Canada should.  
Photo of thomas h ginski

thomas h ginski

"Unavailability/Power Beyond Belief"
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I'm sad to be in agreement with this when it comes to Canada.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Hey, maybe Blue Angel or other Canadian members on this forum should start a business selling EGO stuff in Canada. You'd make a killing!  New to Canada, Blue Angel's Power Equipment, Authorized EGO Dealer. (Blue, you're being used as an example, besides, your name sounds cool in the business name.)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

It's got a fancy ring to it!
Any chance the EGO 575 blower will become available in Canada this fall or winter?

I want one for winter (light snow-dustings/car clearing) and have been holding out hope all year (not buying the 530).
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

A buddy of mine and I got ours from the US. We're not far from the border here in Ottawa.

If it was made available as a bare tool it would be great, but the kit version with 5Ah battery would be prohibitively expensive if HD followed their usually ridiculous Canadian pricing strategy:

In the US the 5Ah backpack blower kit sells for $300 and the 5Ah 575 blower kit sells for $350 ($50 too much in my opinion).

In Canada the 5Ah backpack blower kit sells for $500! So the 5Ah 575 blower would sell for $550? $580? $600? Who knows...
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 105,650 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Does the CA/US pricing issue (outside of exchange rate) apply across the board or is it just an Ego thing ?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I'm going to say it's pretty much a Home Depot/Ego thing. When you consider the exchange rate, there are certain things that are actually cheaper at Home Depot Canada then in the US.

Unfortunately, Ego's products are not included in that group and are decisively the other way.

It really makes me wonder how motivated Home Depot Canada is to sell Ego, especially when you consider how little stock they have of the higher end stuff and how they consistently run out of things halfway through the season.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 105,650 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Excuse the lack of elegant prose but - That really sucks.

Hopefully the US HD recently getting most everything Ego back in stock is a sign of improvement and CA HD will be next.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I like your optimism!
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Right now, the backpack blower with 5Ah pack is on sale for $259
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Heckuva deal given the price of the battery!
Any chance I could get an official response from an EGO representative on whether there is any news of the 575 blower being made available in Canada before the end of this year?
Photo of Amber F.

• 68,272 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We are checking into this now, and will post an update as soon as it becomes available.
Photo of Amber F.

It unfortunately looks like the 575 CFM blower will not be available at Home Depot Canada again until next year. In the meantime, we recommend checking with the independent dealers in your area.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Amber, are you saying it will be available in Canada next year? If so, will both the kit and bare tool be available?
Photo of Amber F.

We do not yet have confirmation as to which kits or bare tools will be available, but will post as soon as we do. 
Disappointing news (again) but thanks for the official word.
Photo of thomas h ginski

thomas h ginski

You'd have a better chance of hitting the Pick-6.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.