New 575 CFM blower and HD store credit pickle

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

I'm reaching out to see if anyone here has any suggestions on the following:

I received the 530 CMF blower as a gift a few weeks ago.  Before I used it, I saw the announcement for the new 575 CMF blower.  I'm not sure if the HD website has changed the information (i.e., coming soon to model not sold in stores), but at the time, I was under the impression that it would be in the store by the end of the week.  So, I accepted the store credit for the return in anticipation of buying the new model at weeks end.  Shortly after that I checked the HD website and they had bumped back the in store date and/or added the model won't be sold in stores.

I went to order the new model on the website but they are separate from the store and will not accept my store credit.  I went to HD in person and they also said they couldn't do anything for me (I was thinking I could purchase a gift card with the store credit, no such luck).

Now that it turns out that the new blower won't be sold in stores - I have no blower and a store credit that can't be used for the purchase of the new blower.

Any help or ideas appreciated. 
Photo of Chris Poulsen

Chris Poulsen

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of TXGREEK

TXGREEK

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Just purchased the 530 to replace my 6 month old Echo back pack and hands down the Ego 530 is all around "better and much more versatile" so if I was you I'd just go back pickup the 530 and enjoy it and by the time you get bored with it you'll find even newer than the 575 cfm models out and then you can sell your older one to an envious neighbor which will put a smile on his or her face and then you'll be out showing off your new EGO the EGO 680. Series 6, 8.0 amp battery
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
More likely a 9Ah battery or a new energy technology depending on what year we're looking at.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,706 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Way too heavy  (9Ah)for a hand-held blower unless it is a LOT LIGHTER than current technology-batteries.
(Edited)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I say 9 amp hour because theoretically, people will have mastered 3Ah 18650 cells and be mass-producing such cells at a volume that would make them a suitable source for power tool companies. In that aspect, the 9Ah pack will replace the 7.5Ah pack and be about the same weight. There already are 3Ah high-drain Li-ion cells on the market.
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,708 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I think Dave was referring to using the current 7.5Ah battery format with a handheld blower. I agree, too heavy to be practical. A 9Ah battery in the same format (42 x 18650 cells) would be no lighter.

The future of large format battery packs lies in the new 21700 cell format. If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on a compact 3Ah pack built with 14 x 21700 cells. This would only be a slight gain in size and weight from the current 2.5Ah pack but would have far superior power delivery under load, making it far more capable with the ever more powerful tools that will be coming out.

The 2kW multi-tool power head is an example of that!

You're right though, high current 3000mAh 18650 cells are already out there. The 9Ah Milwaukee HD battery uses them:

Photo of TXGREEK

TXGREEK

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,768 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Chris, it sounds like you may need to speak to a manager at HD. Maybe you can order it to the store and pay for it with store credit? I dunno how that might work...
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,500 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I second Blue's recommendation of talking to a manager. I can't believe HD can't order the blower for you for in-store pickup and apply your credit to the payment.
Photo of Chris Poulsen

Chris Poulsen

Thanks Ken and Blue Angel - maybe I'll try a different HD. The one I was at the employee stated that they just order it through the website and chose ship to store with the same method I would use so either way my store credit wouldn't work
Photo of Michael Cook

Michael Cook

• 1,020 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Did you get your issue worked out?
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,500 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Let us know what happens. I've definitely found some Home Depots to be better with customer service than others, and getting a manager involved usually helps.
Photo of brinox

brinox

• 682 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Was this ever resolved for you?  I'm in the exact same pickle...
Photo of Chris Poulsen

Chris Poulsen

Hey Brinox - Not really.  I just bit the bullet.  I ordered the new blower (payed for it myself) and used my $200 credit at HD towards other stuff.  Not ideal, but I buy enough stuff at HD that using up the $200 credit was no problem.

Best of luck,
Chris

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.