New 15" Carbon Fiber Trimmer ST1521S with Fuel Gauge Battery?

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Answered
When buying a new 15" Carbon Fiber trimmer ST1521S at Home Depot store how can I be sure of getting one with the new fuel gauge battery?
Photo of LogHome

LogHome

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Paul Fessler

Paul Fessler

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I think the specific battery model number is printed on the box. The fuel gauge batteries end in “T”.
Photo of LogHome

LogHome

Thank you. I think we are on to something here.
My wife just picked up the trimmer this morning and told me the battery model on the box ends with an X. Guess I'll have to return it and look for one with the T at the end.
Thanks,
Photo of LogHome

LogHome

Still not sure if this is correct or not. Just seen plenty of fuel gauge batteries on eBay that actually have the X at the end of the serial number. This might be a losing battle.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 116,054 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Open the box and solve the mystery
Photo of LogHome

LogHome

Opened the box and the battery has a June 2019 date and is not the fuel gauge battery. 
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Issue is not sure if there are any currently available with the new battery.  Current stock may all have the original.

If you live in a populated area you can check the stock at several near by HD and Ace.  If you are ordering via online it will just be a shot in the dark
Photo of LogHome

LogHome

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled New 15" Trimmer ST1521S from Home Depot - How to get battery with fuel gauge ?.

Purchasing a new 15" String Trimmer ST1521S from Home Depot and was wondering how I can be sure to get one with the new Fuel Gauge Battery? 
Any dates or serial numbers on the box to look for to make sure of receving this newer style battery with the fuel gauge?
Thanks,
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 83,354 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
As some have mentioned above, it's not the serial number that ends in T, it is the part number that ends in T that indicates if it's the Gen 3 battery. 
Part number, not serial number. 
I have the new mower and it came with a 7.5 ah Gen 3 (T) battery and I don't recall if the fact that it was a T battery was mentioned on the box. 
Photo of Heith Huguet

Heith Huguet

• 60 Points
Any updated information on this besides opening the box at the store?
Photo of Brian Gray

Brian Gray

• 60 Points
Same thing. I just got one and battery is dated Sept 19. I waited to buy from last year so I would get the fuel gauge. I guess I'll have to return it

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Why do you need to return it ?