Need Lawn Shorter !!

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I just purchased the EGO 21" self-propelled Mower. I am enjoying it, but I am curious if I can get the lawn even shorter than the Lower setting?
Photo of praskal

praskal

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,708 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

:-)

I'm afraid the lowest setting is your only option. There has been talk of fitting smaller diameter wheels as well as using a spacer to lower the blade, but those solutions will be "at your own risk". ;-)
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Praskal, as Blue mentioned, the low setting (#1) is the lowest setting we have available at this time for the mower.
Photo of praskal

praskal

This is too bad. Otherwise I like the mower. Let me know if anything changes.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,880 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
What are you cutting that low? Putting green?
Photo of Ed D

Ed D

Have the same issue... Texas Tiff 419 lawn that likes to be cut around 1 inch or 1.5 inches. Am searching for a solution as well.

This is also a real issue for us isn’t he south with the recent outbreak of Bermuda mites (called witches broom) that are killing Bermuda lawns in the hot south. Only solution is to mow the lawn very low (<1 inch) and bagging the clippings ...and mites. Then let the lawn recover. We cant get the mower to cut low enough to remove the mites.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,800 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
For a rotary mower to go that low seems like high risk for scalping.

I would get a fiskars 18" momentum if you needed to cut that low. They have grass catchers also. Those are the reels i use in my gang setup. (See avatar pic).