My ST1501 String Trimmer first day out, impressions

• Praise
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)

Well I finally got the new variable speed string trimmer.  I took pictures, but my review will follow after I have time.  I just wanted to give you my initial impressions.

• Out of box to operational set up takes about 5 minutes.

• The weight is in line with the previous version.

• VERY heavy duty construction.  Impressed!

• The trigger safety mechanism is just fine.  I really dislike some of these "features" as they make using a product uncomfortable, the design for this one takes no thought.  I wish the blower was this easy to operate.

• A complete redesign of the head made trimming in every angle a breeze, and no more metal bar.

• Bump feed, works great.

• The big deal is the variable speed.  I like to use a slow speed when up against a hard surface, you don't eat up the cord.  It works MUCH better than my gas counterpart, as I had very good control of the speed.

• No more sudden slowdown and speed up.  It runs at the speed you want and doesn't bog down.  A lot of power.

• I don't see how you could use up a battery with this.  the 2ah is enough to do a LOT of trimming and angle edging.

In summary, this was exactly the improvement we needed.  EGO definitely listened and evolved their product.  What would I like to see included or sold as an option?  A shoulder strap.  That is all.

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,538 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
  • Excited

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
SCDC, thanks for taking the time to update us with your findings!  We love the feedback.  (A little bird told us that a strap is in the works for the future...)  We're looking forward to photos (and videos?)!