My EGO snowblower will not start

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • In Progress
My EGO snowblower will not start. I used it on our driveway and sidewalk and it worked fine. Then I used it on the neighbor's place that I help out. I was going through light fluffy snow and hit packed snow and it shut off and will not re start even with 2 fully charged batteries.
Photo of Michael LaPlante

Michael LaPlante

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Brock sherwood

Brock sherwood

• 610 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Did you happen to pull the batteries out for a few minutes and put them back in assuming they are charged enough and also clean out the snow from the auger?

Michael LaPlante

Yes I did all that. No snow in the auger and it rotates just fine. I recharged the batteries and wiped out the battery receptacle making sure it was dry. So everything is set to go. It just won't go.
(Edited)
Photo of Brock sherwood

Brock sherwood

That stinks. Needs to be repaired. Sounds like the motor went out

Michael LaPlante

We have only had the EGO snowblower since December. We got it for ourselves for Christmas. We got it through Home Depot in Rochester, MN. So where do you get it repaired? I would like to get it repaired as soon as possible. I use the snow blower for our property but I also use it to help neighbors in our neighborhood through the neighbors helping neighbors program sponsored by Family Services Rochester.
Photo of Peter Wachter

Peter Wachter

• 1,334 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Great tools make sharing even more rewarding. You deserve a new, working machine from HD. Maybe we should start the Golden Battery Club for civic good deeds done with EGO.
Photo of Brock sherwood

Brock sherwood

Home Depot is where you need to take it. Unfortunately you will be without it for 6-8 weeks from what I’m understanding with the warranty process. 5 year warranty on snow blower and 3 year on batteries
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Michael, since you bought it less than 90 days ago, just return it for a new one at Home Depot.  They have a 90 day no questions asked return policy.  Much easier/quicker than dealing with a warranty repair.  Just make sure the store has one in stock when you go.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 94,240 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
YES YES YES
Why consider a repair when HD has a 90 day return policy.  Find a HD with it in stock or just return and order a new one. 
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 71,864 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
This is absolutely the way to go. You don't even need to have kept the box. And if they don't have another one in stock they can ship it directly to your home for free.
Photo of Brock sherwood

Brock sherwood

Didn’t realize Home Depot has a 90 day satisfaction gaurentee. Much easier and quicker to have them replace it.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 62,254 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Brock, if you use a Home Depot credit card that 90 days is turned into 1 year.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 94,240 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
true true
Photo of Jacques Dupuis

Jacques Dupuis

• 62 Points
Is there a fuse that can be replaced on snow blowrr ?