My EGO powerload string trimmer "ate" the string from one end leaving only one string out to cut.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • In Progress
The string is all in the head with only one line out to cut.  How can I unload it to reload and get it right?  It just pulled too much from one side.
Photo of JOHN WILLIAM MAYER

JOHN WILLIAM MAYER

• 70 Points

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Paul Christenson

Paul Christenson

• 7,094 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
from page 24 of your manual

RELOAD THE CUTTING LINE

NOTICE: When the cutting line breaks from the eyelet or the cutting line is not released when the trimmer head is tapped, you will need to remove the remaining cutting line from the trimmer head and follow the steps below to reload the line.
  1. Remove the battery pack.
  2. Rotate the spool retainer in the arrow direction as necessary to align the LOAD line on the spool retainer with the eyelets in the spool base (Fig. 14).
  3. Cut one piece of cutting line 16 ft. (5m) long. Insert the line into the mounting hole, which is located inside the eyelet. Push until the end of the line comes out of the other side of the spool base. Pull the line from the other side until equal amounts of line appear on both sides of the spool (Fig. 15).
  4. Rotate the spool retainer in the direction of the arrow to wind 16the line onto the spool until approximately 5.5 in. (14cm) of line is showing on each side (Fig. 16).
  5. Push the spool retainer down while pulling on lines to manually advance the line and to check for proper assembly of the trimmer head.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 7,416 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Most men refuse to read instructions.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 47,900 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
I think OP is asking how to get the old line out since it didn't load evenly and now only one end of it extends from the trimmer head.

The manual is not super detailed on how to do that. But, it does mention to hold the powerload button down "briefly" until the cover releases. (Words to that effect) OP, check page 23, near the bottom, of the manual. It's basically just before how to load the string section.