My Ego LM2101 experience thus far (after 5 weeks of mowing freshly laid sod)

• Praise
  • Updated 1 year ago
My 5 weeks of mowing with the Ego LM2101 thus far...
Photo of Art Zasadny

Art Zasadny

• 1,416 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 54,540 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
intriguing
Photo of Art Zasadny

Art Zasadny

I tried to write my review but it wouldn't accept it...
Photo of Art Zasadny

Art Zasadny

My 5 weeks of mowing with the Ego LM2101 thus far... I bought my Ego LM2101 from HomeDepot.com after visiting our local HomeDepot (Taylor, MI) and them not having the mower in stock. I researched the mower so I knew what I was looking for and the Ego was a perfect fit.   I wanted a rechargeable 21" mower that was not self propelled and that would allow me to cut the lawn at 4" and had a polymer (not steel) deck.

After 5 weeks of mowing my 2200sq ft of freshly laid sod (installed in in 4/2017), this Ego mower has performed perfectly and I'm extremely happy. Since this is the 1st season with the sod, I'm not mulching it but I will be mulching next year and all subsequent years. The mower is quiet, light, efficient and does a very nice job. My friends and neighbors are all very impressed as the mower cuts the thick sod very cleanly and doesn't leave the edges of the cut grass ragged. The nice clean cut as well as the perfectly manicured appearance really impress me and my wife cannot even hear me mowing the lawn! Not smelling gas/exhaust while mowing makes for a very pleasant experience and I look forward to mowing my lawn, which is something I never thought would happen!  

My next purchases will be the string trimmer and blower, followed by the edger, so the "power head" accessories interest me a great deal!
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 54,540 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Persistence paid off.  Thanks for the review.  Glad to hear the mower is working well for you.
Photo of Art Zasadny

Art Zasadny

Thanks, it's working very well. I'm especially impressed that it can easily handle thick 4" sod.