My EGO Family & 1st Cut High Lift Blade

• Praise
  • Updated 2 years ago
So proud of my little EGO family :-)  Here they are after a workout on this superbly beautiful and cool West Texas May morning.  The new high lift blade did a good job on setting #2 on the front yard (Tiff Bermuda, can't mow lower because blade digs in), and a really good job on setting #1 in the back yard (a mixture of some taller growing, heavier stemmed Bermuda).  The Multi Tool with edger attached is fabulous, and so easy for me to handle.  I've gotten to where I actually look forward to edging, when I used to dread it and refuse to do it.  The hedge clipper makes short work of those Buford Holly bushes in the front that tend to grow like weeds.  And the RR weedeater head - has anyone else noticed that the string seems to last longer in this thing?  I don't know why that would be, but it sure seems to.  Ahh and then the blower.... first time out since receiving it yesterday via UPS.  All I can say is WOW!  Light, balanced, blows like a hurricane or a gentle breeze, whichever you need.  Can't believe what an idiot I've been using a broom for so long, geez....  Yard work is such a joy now!  I know, I'm sick.... :-)
Photo of I Dexter

I Dexter

• 1,174 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,436 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Congratulations on your Impressive EGO line up of tools!!!!! That said, thanks for the feedback, and love the pictures. Glad to hear that all is working out well. I love the Edger Attachment and the Blower as well ... :-)
Photo of Sid Parish

Sid Parish

• 1,402 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
It would be complete with a 14 inch chainsaw
Photo of I Dexter

I Dexter

Sid!!!!  Why did you have to say that????  Don't plant a seed in the garden of a yard tool addict's brain!  I've been using a manual pole saw to trim all my trees for a looong time.  Oh crikey, is that like having been using a broom instead of a blower???  Why did you feel compelled to bring up a chainsaw?   :-) :-)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 89,666 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Pole saw for the power head !
Photo of Sid Parish

Sid Parish

Yes
Photo of Sid Parish

Sid Parish

Because I love my ego 56 volt tools
Photo of Egocentric

Egocentric

• 6,308 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I have the 14 inch chain saw and it is my favorite Ego tool (maybe because I seldom need it).  Alas I bought an electric pole saw a few years ago and used it for a specific job which it paid for itself, but haven't used at all since.  I got my blower yesterday as well.  Due to the fact that I own the line trimmer, don't do edging, and already own a pole saw that I seldom use, I don't see a power head in my future.  Love the mower, line trimmer, and blower, but that chainsaw...my absolute favorite...perhaps because it is the only chainsaw I have ever been around that didn't frighten me.  And really it should, it chews through 8 inch hardwood like butter.

BTW if you look into a chain saw, the 16 inch is a better deal.  Five ah battery and a bigger saw for only 50 bucks more.     
Photo of I Dexter

I Dexter

You people are all EGO enablers!  :-)
Photo of keenanj

keenanj

• 2,978 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
That's a good beginning. Ha. Agreed you need the chainsaw cause it's crazy good. I've only used the pole saw once, but like it's counterpart chainsaw, it rocks too. These are things to look forward to.
Photo of Art Zasadny

Art Zasadny

• 1,416 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Nice work!!
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 18,646 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
replace the edge trimmer with the 14" chain saw, and you can imagine my collection.  :)