My ego 56v battery continuosly flashes orange. Wether I put in the mower or the whipper snipper

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
Mower and whipper snipper will only run for 2 seconds before cutting out and the battery flashes orange. Any ideas of why this is so?
Photo of Steven Cluney

Steven Cluney

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 37,026 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
I'm not sure what a whipper snipper is, but if the battery isn't working in either tool I would guess the battery is bad. Call Ego customer service for a replacement under warranty: 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 27,028 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Like you Ken, I didn't know what a "whipper snipper" is either- so I looked it up. According to Urban Dictionary, it's another term for a string trimmer. Learn something new everyday ...
Photo of Steven Cluney

Steven Cluney

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Haha sorry guy's. In Australia its known as a Whipper snipper. I'll give customer service a call on Monday. Cheers for the help
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 29,320 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Steven if you are currently in Australia, you will need a different phone number.  This is a North America site and info.  Just search Ego Power plus Australia
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 44,204 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Steven! Here is the Australian support number: 1300-000-EGO (1300-000-346). They're available Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm Australia EST.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 126,258 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We have whipper snippers up here in Canada. You guys need to get out more! :-D
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 29,362 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Is that an old brand name.  A lot of people around here refer to them as weed wackers which was an old brand name probably from the 80s.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Same with Weed Eater. :-)
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

I grew up with "weed wacker" or "weed eater" but never heard of "whipper snipper."  Just for fun, I am going to start using "whipper snipper" with my neighbors, and see their facial expressions ... this will be fun!
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Just be careful not to give your whipper snipper to any young whipper snappers.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I thought whipper snippers were intended for whipper snappers? What else are they supposed to do all summer with no school, play video games?

Oh, right... my bad.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

As long as the whipper snapper is properly trained on the use of the whipper snipper then they certainly should be doing some weed wacking. 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Say that three times fast!
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

Are we talking about "seafood" ... LOL!

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 37,026 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I guess it’s time for me to visit my cousin in Canada. But since he’s in the Arctic Circle I’ll wait until summer!