My ego 20 inch 56v LM2001 will start but dies after a few seconds.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress
My ego 20 inch 56v LM2001 will start but dies after a few seconds. I have already fixed the issue with the slide bar switch. The battery is charged, light stays green the whole time. Blade spins freely - not starting on the lawn, no resistance. Could the "key" switch, or the switch at the base of the handle cause this? Or is there something else? Love the mower - worked great till now - even the slide bar issue was an easy fix - hoping this will be too, once I know what's causing it. Thanks.
Photo of Scott Tibbitts

Scott Tibbitts

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Scott Tibbitts

Scott Tibbitts

Nothing? Really? Ten posts since I put this up - all have replies now, some have several - but no one is touching this? No one has had this same problem? No one has any idea how to fix it?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 67,144 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Holding down the green button while lifting the bale handle ?
Handles fully extended and locked ?
Do the headlights work ?
Have you called customer service to trouble shoot ?
Photo of Scott Tibbitts

Scott Tibbitts

Thank you for answering! To your questions: yes, yes, yes and no. I have not called customer service yet - was hoping someone in this forum would have an answer. I am pretty handy and prefer to fix things myself if at all possible. I suspect CS will say I have to bring/send it in. I have tried a different battery, from my ego weed whacker, with the same results. Runs for about 3 to 5 seconds, sounds like a normal start up, but then it just winds down. All while sitting still in my driveway, so it isn't a matter of pushing/pulling on the handle, or of the blades encountering any resistance. Headlights stay on, indicator light stays green, but the motor stops.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Unfortunately, I do not recall any successful DIY fixes to your set of issues.

Perhaps someone else will have an idea. 
Photo of Scott Tibbitts

Scott Tibbitts

Again, thank you for answering. Do you recall any unsuccessful ones? Has anyone else ever had the same set of issues?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Customer service may have some ideas.
Others that were away / off board for the weekend may also see this and post today as I did

Your not getting a yellow light - which would indicate an overload and has been suggested that the load sensor may be an issue. So, I am out of ideas.
(Edited)