My dad recently bought a new EGO weed whacker. I'd like to buy him a mower now. Do all equipment use the same charger?

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Answered
Photo of Tommy Thiel

Tommy Thiel

• 70 Points

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of john cox

john cox

• 60 Points
Yes
Photo of Paul Christenson

Paul Christenson

• 7,208 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
The bigger batteries can benefit using the Rapid Charger for a shorter time to complete charge
Photo of summetj

summetj

• 9,938 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
The 7.5 AH batteries will charge on the regular chargers (that come with a weed trimmer) but take something like 144 minutes, while a rapid charger (such as comes with the lawnmower kit) will charge them in 60 minutes.  If you only use one charge per week, the time it takes to re-charge doesn't really matter.

It takes me four 7.5 AH battery charges to do my (quite large) lawn, so I have two 7.5 AH batteries and cycle them back and forth with the rapid charger.

I would NOT recommend trying to use only a 2.5 AH battery in a mower unless you have a very small lawn, It will run the mower, but not last very long. You want a 5.0 to 7.5 AH battery for reasonable runtime for mower use.
Photo of John

John

• 842 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I  use the 2.0 AH battery with my 20" mower and it takes one fully charged battery and 1/2 of another 2.0 to do my front lawn. Same with the back. For the first season I could mow the front or the back with one 2.0 AH battery. When I got my mower, they didn't have all these battery choices. I'll just continue to use what I have until they won't charge anymore then do an update of battery size.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,908 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Absolutely, Tommy. All of our batteries and chargers are interchangeable. 
Photo of John

John

• 842 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I guess I can delete my question. I didn't see this before I posted it.
Yes Tommy they all use the same charger from the 2.0 ah to 7.5 ah.