My battery isn't charging right and is overheating.

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Duplicate

Battery issues
Photo of Carl Grunewald

Carl Grunewald

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,272 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Carl! Very sorry to hear that your battery is overheating. Do you mean that it's warm after use (which is normal), or that heats up to the point of no longer functioning? Only ask because they were specifically designed with our Keep Cool Cell Technology to prevent this sort of issue. Please let us know.
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,632 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Need more details, what tool?  what size battery?  ambient temperature / conditions?  what are the work conditions, e.g. if a mower, cutting tall grass?
Photo of Carl Grunewald

Carl Grunewald

Mower, arc lithium 56v battery, temperature around 75, no humidity, average grass height for mowing, that's about it.
Photo of Carl Grunewald

Carl Grunewald

It feels warmer than normal. Also, it was fully charged when I started using it today. After about 15 minutes the red light can on saying the battery was about dead. I took it out, put it on the charger and it stopped after 30 seconds, saying it was fully charged. I have had other issues with how it charges.

(a)Typical Engineer

Have you sharpened the mower blade; a dull blade will use more energy and generate more heat (working harder).  What other issues with how it charges have you had?

Photo of Carl Grunewald

Carl Grunewald

I will sharpen the blade. When I put it on the charger it doesn't want to charge lately. It'll day it's fully charged after I used it.

(a)Typical Engineer

Do you have other tools, batteries or chargers?  If you single item for all of them, you probably need to call Ego tech support for further assistance.
Photo of Carl Grunewald

Carl Grunewald

The light it just blinking red like this, instead of charging. I also have video of it.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Carl, it looks like you need a replacement battery! Give Ego Customer Service a call and they'll get you fixed up ASAP.
Photo of Jessica Pierce

Jessica Pierce

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My EGO 56 V 7.5AH battery keeps overheating after only about 30 mins of use..

My EGO 56 V 7.5AH battery keeps overheating after only about 30 mins of use. Then my mower just keeps stalling out. I then have to wait about 30 mins for the battery to cool down and then recharge the whole battery life. I have only owned this mower for a year.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Your blade must be very dull. Replace the blade or sharpen it. This will fix your problem .if it doesn't, then your battery has a bad cell in it I would guess. But my best guess is your blade is severely damaged or dull and rounded on the cutting edge.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.