My battery charger won't charge my battery ego

• Problem
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • In Progress
I love my ego blower, mower and trimmer. Bought it last summer. Today I used it, tried to charge the battery but the charger didn't start it's fan or turn on the led light. The button on the back of the battery is red if I push it but won't charge. Help
Photo of Rick Wagner

Rick Wagner

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 41,010 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Did you try removing the battery and reinstalling it onto the charger? Also, did you try unplugging the charger and letting it sit unplugged for a bit before plugging it back in? Sometimes that will reset the charger. Do you have another known good battery to check on that charger? 
Sounds like you might need to give Ego a call at 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).
Photo of Bob Page

Bob Page

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I had an experience I would like to share.  Having two out of 3 dead batteries that were dead and would not charge  I would try them every few weeks for months and on rare occasions one would decide to charge  Not noticing the fact that they were in an unheated garage  In the winter it could get down in the 30 or 40s   I have tried this twice and it worked both time on two batteries that would not charge for months.  I put them in the refrigerator overnight then put them on the charger and they worked fine.  Let me know if it works for you  Bob