My 56V 2.5 AH battery doesn't charge. The power button doesn't show any color (green, orange, red) at all. Is this battery dead for good?

• Problem
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • In Progress
Is the battery dead already?
Photo of Alejandro Villagran

Alejandro Villagran

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Frank Woodbery

Frank Woodbery

• 1,124 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Can you rule out that the charger itself isn't working properly? That is, does the charger complete a charge normally with other EGO batteries that are known to be good? 
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 2,360 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Batteries are warranted for 3 years, if properly registered with proof of purchase.
I have two other batteries and they work well with the regular charger, and the fast charger. 
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 70,794 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Probably a bad battery. Give ego customer service a call and they will troubleshoot and get you a replacement if needed. You can reach our Customer Service team seven days a week at 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656).

Keep in mind they will be closed for Christmas
Photo of Luis Patino

Luis Patino

• 426 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
You can also hold down the power button while placing into the charger...ive seen this give a much faster result in testing the battery charge as opposed to simply placing in charging and seeing if anything happens. .I had the same issue and holding down the power button and placing it in the quick charger. Charger came on like it was trying to read the battery, then I got a blinking green light on the battery itself. Took the battery out and tried again, red light on the charger within a few seconds, dead battery.