My 21" self-propelled mower won't start.

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • In Progress
My 21" self-propelled mower won't start. The lights and self-propel work, but the engine won't come on. All summer it's been running for a few minutes, then cuts off. Sometimes the battery or mower flashes different color lights or a solid light. I wait a few minutes, then run a few minutes etc...But now, it won't come on at all. Battery appears just fine. I don't have a large area to mow and I never let my grass get too long. Worked just fine all of last year, it's about 1 1/2 years old.
Photo of Steve

Steve

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 65,350 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
The good news is your mower has a 5 year warranty. Give EGO CS a call and they will take care of you.
Call early in the day to try and avoid hold times.
They can be reached at 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).

Photo of Kenny Mars

Kenny Mars

• 576 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Chances are you have a faulty safety relay in the handle
Photo of mike

mike

• 316 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Try this>https://youtu.be/pWYtoDaYCB0

You'll get a new one
Photo of Steve

Steve

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Guys.  May be some time before I find out.  Customer support told me to take it to Home Depot and they can repair it on site.  First, it started right up for them, but it does for me often, then shuts off intermittently.  HD said they ship it to Atlanta and expect 8-9 weeks to get it back.  I hope they don't start it up and just return it, I really hope they investigate it.  I appreciate your comments and will come back once I get it all figured out.  
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 98,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Good luck Steve.

Per Ego

Not all Home Depots perform the repair on-site, so it is possible they'll be sending your mower out. However, per our service agreement, the entire process should not take more than 4-6 weeks. If it takes more than four, please give our support team a call (1-855-346-5656).

In the meantime, you can always get real-time updates on your mower's status by calling 1-855-284-3349. This is the number for Home Depot's warranty department, where associates can instantly search for and assist with your case.