Mulching/Vac Modification

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Just finished up my mulching/vac modification. I mowed yesterday so won't be able to really test until next week but in the brief testing so far it seem to do the trick. I used baling belt from tractor supply riveted to the inside of the mower deck to extend the deck down and have the blade sit higher up in the deck with the hope that it creates a better vacuum. Wish me luck.......
Photo of Chris Chase

Chris Chase

• 822 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Chris Chase

Chris Chase

Photo of Steve Valdes

Steve Valdes

• 6,194 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Wow that's impressive. I hope that you get the results we are all looking for.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,094 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Chris Chase

Chris Chase

Also thinking about getting some string trimmer line in there to act as a second "blade" to see if that helps any in the mulching dept.....but where to attach securely......
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,828 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Ego is supposed to have a better blade ("high lift") coming to the US (same as the one in Europe) around January.  I'll wait for that.   good luck.   BTW, did you just void the warranty?   :)  Better mulcher mowers use two blades, like my Honda Harmony.  That sucker was a superb mulcher.  I can't see a single blade, spinning slower than the Honda, ever doing justice to mulching.
(Edited)
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

• 9,440 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
@Dave - the high-lift blade does not mulch. It's meant to be used to bag or discharge.
Photo of Chris Chase

Chris Chase

Most likely voided the warranty but what good is a warranty when they take 6-8 weeks to get your mower back. If this thing breaks down, I will most likely go to a honda gas powered and convert it to propane.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.