Mower safety button stuck down

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Duplicate

Just picked up LM2102SP, self propelled mower.  On first use, depressed safety button, pulled down bail switch, released safety button.  Blade spun up, everything is grand.  Except since then, the safety button has not popped back up, it's remained in the "pressed" position ever since that first press.  Accordingly, I can press the bail switch down at any time and spin up the blade.  I've pressed and messed with every bit I can think of, but even with the battery out, the safety button remains depressed.

Now I'm not SUPER sure how this is all supposed to work, but a safety button that depresses and never pops back up seems like it's not really providing much safety.  Any ideas here?
Photo of Cory Faller

Cory Faller

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of ashutosh rastogi

ashutosh rastogi

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Mine came with out green start switch. I will have to call customer service tomorrow.☹️

ashutosh rastogi

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,374 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Did you look through all of the included bags and paraphernalia?  I believe the key is in a separate bag, not in the mower when it ships.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 18,594 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
since when?  my 21SP mower, shipped from HD had it's key installed
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I think his mower is the 20", not the 21"
Photo of Cory Faller

Cory Faller

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yikes!  Mine doesn't seem to be a removable key though, my step 2 icon there is a little different than yours.  Just a button that stays as part of the mower, but doesn't seem to want to pop back up.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

His mower is probably the 20" model, which comes with a removable key.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,018 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
LM2102SP is the self propelled 21 incher, or are you talking about someone else?
Photo of Brandon Daiker

Brandon Daiker

• 60 Points
Power button stuck down seems like a big time safety hazard, hope someone has a solution!!
Photo of Tom Jacques

Tom Jacques

• 814 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I just bought my 21" SP mower a month ago and have used it 3 times w/o ANY issues. My mower was built in Jan 2017 and the on/off button was already installed and works as advertised. I would suggest calling EGO Customer Service and maybe be prepared to send them a photo. I keep reading how good their CD is, use it.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,812 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Please call us, Cory! This is definitely an issue we can help with: 1-855-346-5656.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 18,830 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I hope they don't tell you to take it to HD repair.   I'd just exchange it ASAP if it were me, unless Ego sends you an easy-to-install part ASAP.   Good luck!
(Edited)

ashutosh rastogi

Sorry, message was for amber.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,812 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We have removed your previous message to protect your personal information, Ashutosh. However, someone from our service team will be contacting you directly today. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.